User:NYCRuss/Phi Kappa Psi
Phi Kappa Psi, also called "Phi Psi," is an American collegiate social fraternity founded at Jefferson College in Canonsburg, Pennsylvania on February 19, 1852. There are over a hundred chapters and colonies at accredited four year colleges and universities throughout the United States. More than 112,796 members have been initiated into Phi Kappa Psi since its founding.
- I got a great education when I was an undergraduate many years ago, and I think being a member of Phi Kappa Psi Maryland Alpha chapter was a part of that. Its something that's helped form my life. Dealings with my family, my dealings with my friends, my dealings with all my business associates. It was a great experience and I can say nothing but good things about Phi Kappa Psi.
- I can remember laughter and a lot of it, and the warmth of friendships and a lot of it, and it never went away.
- Let us be what we say we are:
a fraternity, not a club,
run by men, and not boys,
and based on ideals, not expediency.
- Ralph "Dud" Daniel, Executive Director Emeritus of Phi Kappa Psi, from Video for 2008 Phi Kappa Psi National Leadership Award
- I certainly didn't have the high school background, in math for example, to be in engineering school. and yet a couple of my fraternity brothers, who were brilliant scholars - electrical engineers, sort of took me under their wing, and without that personal tutoring and help, I wouldn't have gotten out of Valpo.
- ...One of the things that the Phi Kappa Psi has to offer a young man is not to feel like you're ever going to be a cookie-cut stamped out sort of figure...To have that wonderful kind of anchor of a fraternal group is a geat help to a undergarduate student trying to find his way in this tough and rather impersonal world today.
- I don't think that college would be the same to me if I didn't have the backing and the help of the people in the Fraternity... I was a Phi Psi when I got here, and I left a Phi Psi.
Quotable Phi Psis