Jump to navigation Jump to search
- "It's not a question of enough, pal. It's a zero sum game, somebody wins, somebody loses. Money itself isn't lost or made, it's simply transferred from one perception to another."
- "This painting here, I bought it 10 years ago for $60,000, I can sell it today for 600 [$600,000]; the illusion, has become real, and the more real it becomes, the more desperate they want it—capitalism at its finest."
- "Ah, you gotta be kiddin' me. Lunch is for wimps."
- "Money never sleeps, pal."
- "Read Sun Tzu, The Art of War. Every battle is won before it is ever fought."
- "It's all about the bucks kid, the rest is conversation."
- "And if you need a friend, get a dog."
- "And I'm not talking about some four-hundred thousand dollar a year, working Wall Street stiff, flying first-class, being comfortable. I'm talking about liquid. Rich enough to have your own jet, rich enough not to waste time. Fifty, a hundred-million dollars Buddy, a player...or nothing."
- "That's the thing about WASPs, they love animals, can't stand people."
- "Just got on the board at the Bronx Zoo, cost me a mill."
- "The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation. It's bullshit. You got ninety percent of the American public out there with little or no net worth. I create nothing. I own."
- "We make the rules, pal. The news, war, peace, famine, upheaval, the price of a paper clip. We pick that rabbit out of a hat while everybody sits around wondering how the hell we did it. Now you’re not naïve enough to think that we’re living in a democracy, are you, Buddy? It’s the free market, and you’re part of it."
- "Ever wonder why fund managers can't beat the S&P 500? Because they're sheep, and sheep get slaughtered"
- "The public's out there throwing darts at a board, kid, I don't throw darts at a board; I bet on sure things."
- "You and I are the same Darien, we are smart enough not to buy into the oldest myth running: love. A fiction created by people to keep them from jumping out of windows."
- "Greed, for lack of a better word, is good. Greed is right. Greed works. Greed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit. Greed, in all of its forms, greed for life, for money, for love, knowledge has marked the upward surge of mankind."
- "First lesson in business, don't get emotional about a stock."
- "What the hell is Cromwell doing giving a lecture tour when he's losing $60 million a quarter? Guess he's giving lectures in how to lose money. Jesus Christ, if this guy owned a funeral parlour no one would die!"
- "This turkey is totally braindead!"
- "The most valuable commodity I know of is 'information'"