Welcome to Wikiquote, the free compendium of quotations! You don't have to log in to read or edit articles on Wikiquote, but creating an account is quick, free and non-intrusive, requires you to provide no personal information, and gives you many benefits, including:
- The use of a username of your choice
- The ability to view all your contributions via a "My contributions" link.
- Your own user page
- Your own talk page which, if you choose, also allows users to send you messages without knowing your e-mail address
- The use of your own personal watchlist to which you can add articles that interest you
- The ability to rename pages
- The ability to customize the appearance and behavior of the website
- The eligibility to become an administrator
- The right to be heard in formal votes and elections, and on pages like votes for deletion
Please also see What Wikiquote is not for common activities that Wikiquote does not support.
Thanks for the very good work you are doing on many Wikiquote articles. One request: when quoting from speeches, interviews, etc., please provide a citation to a book, periodical, or other publication where the text can be found. Thanks. ~ Ningauble 13:59, 19 September 2010 (UTC)
Hi, I have removed your merge proposal because your argument should be moved to match the wikipedia article doesn't make sense. The current article does match the Wikipedia article, as I explained here. -- Marcel Douwe Dekker (talk) 22:04, 1 November 2012 (UTC)
This is the discussion page for an IP user, identified by the user's numerical w:IP address. Some IP addresses change periodically, and may be shared by several users. If you are an IP user, you may create an account or log in to avoid future confusion with other IP users. Registering also hides your IP address.