Welcome to Wikiquote, the free compendium of quotations! You don't have to log in to read or edit articles on Wikiquote, but creating an account is quick, free and non-intrusive, requires you to provide no personal information, and gives you many benefits, including:
- The use of a username of your choice
- The ability to view all your contributions via a "My contributions" link.
- Your own user page
- Your own talk page which, if you choose, also allows users to send you messages without knowing your e-mail address
- The use of your own personal watchlist to which you can add articles that interest you
- The ability to rename pages
- The ability to customize the appearance and behavior of the website
- The eligibility to become an administrator
- The right to be heard in formal votes and elections, and on pages like votes for deletion
Please also see What Wikiquote is not for common activities that Wikiquote does not support.
Click here to create an account.
I reverted your addition of a quote to the Votes for QOTD page. You have added it to the top, whereas the quotes are for specific dates. If you wish to add the quote to the candidates for a specific date, you will want to do the following: 1. Add it under the date's heading. 2. Explain who CCC is, why he is notable (preferably, by making a wikiquote/wikipedia page about him) 3. Register, if you want to vote for it.
I've attached the quote here for your convenience:
"There is nothing easy about shooting a fish in a barrel. A barrel is a very cumbersome article of clothing. When you run through the forest looking for a fish to shoot, you'll find that you are often stumbling and running into things. Charlie Currie Campbellville, Ontario, Canada"
Please note if the quote is yours or a friend of yours, wikiquote collects only quotes of famous people. You are free to register and add that quote to your user page. Thanks ~ MosheZadka (Talk) 14:59, 1 August 2005 (UTC)
This is the discussion page for an IP user, identified by the user's numerical w:IP address. Some IP addresses change periodically, and may be shared by several users. If you are an IP user, you may create an account or log in to avoid future confusion with other IP users. Registering also hides your IP address.