Hello, Plaasjapie, and welcome to the English Wikiquote.
- For a quick overview of what Wikiquote is, read Wikiquote:Wikiquote.
- See also What Wikiquote is not for common activities that Wikiquote does not support.
- To ask for help or to talk with another editor, visit our Village pump.
- To browse Wikiquote, take a look at our browsing start page.
- Before creating new articles, consult our guide. You may practice how to edit a page at Sandbox.
- Please remember to use edit summaries when editing pages.
- When posting to a discussion, please sign with a date by writing four tildes (~~~~) and saving.
- Be bold.
- Thank you for creating a page for Karl Georg von Raumer, and pointing out his remarks which were similar in theme to some of those attributed to George Orwell. I personally am inclined to believe that in their quoted forms the modern expressions did not originate with Orwell, and are perhaps paraphrases or summaries of his remarks, but whenever they were devised they seem distinctly different in some regards to those of von Rammer which you added, and thus I returned them to the disputed section, and believe their authorship remains unresolved. I did retain reference to von Raumer and provided his remarks on the page for comparison. ~ ♞☤☮♌Kalki·†·⚓⊙☳☶⚡ 22:34, 10 December 2016 (UTC) + tweak