Wikiquote:Vandalism in progress
Request an article
Report vandalism • Votes for deletion
This page exists to post alerts about any incidents of vandalism that are occurring, so that other users and administrators can more promptly respond to them. Wikiquote's definition of vandalism is the same as Wikipedia's and can be seen at w:Wikipedia:Vandalism.
Care should be taken before assuming an initial contribution is vandalism unless it's blatantly obvious the user knows what they're doing.
If the vandal is known to attack more then one language, or more then one Wikimedia wiki, it is recommended they also be noted on Vandalism reports in Meta or a global block be requested on Steward requests/Global.
Please report vandalism by creating a new report by clicking one of the two buttons below. Be sure to include the username/IP address and the behavior that requires admin intervention.
New report 2020-10-5, 19:52
New report 2020-10-10, 21:28
I think User:Rupert loup should be blocked for a while. He keeps reverting and redirecting whole pages (e.g. Fatwa, Racism in the Arab world) and removes large parts of other pages without discussion (e.g. Joseph Goebbels, Hindu-Islamic relations). Maybe some content on the pages needs to be removed or improved, but this kind of extremely aggressive editing is disruptive. Also see Wikiquote:Administrators' noticeboard#Asking for an independent admin look. -- Chrisahn (talk) 22:00, 10 October 2020 (UTC)
- Done Between questionable actions on the other thread and outright edit-warring just on Fatwa alone, he's not engaging in a collaborative spirit. —Justin (koavf)❤T☮C☺M☯ 22:51, 10 October 2020 (UTC)
Thank you Justin. I was just about to write the comments that I'm adding below:
Rupert has made 5 reverts in less than 7 hours at Racism in the Arab world (see ), and edit-warring at Fatwa and many other articles. Last time he broke the 3RR rule was just some days ago as I noted here .
Rupert has shown extremely aggressive behaviour and abrasive edit-warring in recent days, and there were clear warnings given to Rupert loup:
- Your removal of my comments represents an uncivil act - and my post contained a warning regarding your continued removal of quotes for dubious reasons. I have attempted to discuss this with you and your latest response was to simply wipe my comments off your talk page. This represents your last warning before you will be blocked if the behavior continues. ~ 18:40, 5 October 2020 (UTC)
- And there is no requirement that a quote must receive significant coverage by other sources for its inclusion here. I am discussing this in good faith. I do not believe you are acting in good faith - you seem to be systematically removing quotes across the site with dubious reasons for doing so. I have tried to discuss this with you before taking other actions. The removal of sourced quotes is a serious action for which it should be easy to explain one's rationale for doing so. I expect that before you continue this course of action that you start discussing the removal of quotes on talk pages before removing them. If you do not, you will face a potential block. ~ 18:25, 5 October 2020 (UTC)
New report 2020-10-10, 23:03
Presumably block evasion by User:Rupert loup (see above). Childish attacks on me, e.g. Special:Diff/2872508 and Special:Diff/2872503. If the vandalism persists, the IP probably should be blocked. Chrisahn (talk) 23:13, 10 October 2020 (UTC)
New report 2020-10-11
I request this vandal be range-blocked.
Many of the IP socks use this range:
Tokyo Metro 6000 series
- Completely ruined Ralph Breaks the Internet. I attempted to rename it to its original, but the vandal in question had already done the damage. I request that this vandal be banned for life, and all of its edits struck down as if they never existed. DawgDeputy (talk) 18:02, 11 October 2020 (UTC)
- I clicked on several edits from the IP and they seemed fine. —Justin (koavf)❤T☮C☺M☯ 18:27, 11 October 2020 (UTC)
- But when it came to fixing Ralph Breaks the Internet, the IP added to the problem and by turning a blind eye. DawgDeputy (talk) 02:17, 12 October 2020 (UTC)
New report 2020-10-13, 23:08
- Not sure that this is vandalism as such so I've warned the user. —Justin (koavf)❤T☮C☺M☯ 01:01, 14 October 2020 (UTC)
New report 2020-10-14, 02:12
New report 2020-10-18, 08:34
New report 2020-10-19, 13:09
- And the problem persists. I request immediate action be taken against this vandal and call pages this vandal vandalized be protected indefinitely. DawgDeputy (talk) 11:26, 20 October 2020 (UTC)
New report 2020-10-20
Obvious block evasion by User talk:Xsaorapa. User is blocked on 3 wikipedias for personal attacks, hounding, harassment and socking.
Same spurious tag bombing, always with no rationale (apart from boilerplate edit summary), see also Talk:Rajendran Narayanan, while offering no rationale at all on the talkpage. That is disruptive.
I request this sock be range-blocked.
Many of the IP socks of Xsaorapa use the same IP range 220.127.116.11/32: