Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War is a real-time strategy computer game developed by Relic Entertainment based on Games Workshop's popular tabletop wargame, Warhammer 40,000. It was released in September 2004 in North America. Since then, three expansion packs have been released: Winter Assault in 2005, Dark Crusade in 2006, and Soulstorm in 2008.
The following quotations come from the original game and its expansion packs.
These quotes are displayed at the bottom left hand corner of the main menu screen. Every time you access the game, a different quote from the following list will be selected:
- A good soldier obeys without question. A good officer commands without doubt.
- Blessed is the mind too small for doubt.
- To admit defeat is to blaspheme against the Emperor.
- For those who seek perfection there can be no rest on this side of the grave.
- The difference between heresy and treachery is ignorance.
- Knowledge is power, guard it well.
- An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded.
- Innocence proves nothing.
- Success is commemorated; Failure merely remembered.
- Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life.
- Only in death does duty end.
- No man died in His service that died in vain.
- Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
- There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.
- Beginning reform is beginning revolution.
- Educate men without faith and you but make them clever devils.
- Success is measured in blood; yours or your enemy´s.
- The man who has nothing can still have faith.
- Burn the heretic. Kill the mutant. Purge the unclean.
- It is better to die for the Emperor than to live for yourself.
- Fear denies faith.
- Foolish are those who fear nothing, yet claim to know everything.
- Brave are they who know everything yet fear nothing.
- Happiness is a delusion of the weak.
- All souls call out for salvation.
- Life is the Emperor's currency, spend it well.
- A suspicious mind is a healthy mind.
- Cowards die in shame.
- Faith without deeds is worthless.
- True Happiness stems only from Duty.
- The blood of martyrs is the seed of the Imperium.
- Heresy grows from idleness.
- There is only the Emperor, and he is our shield and protector.
- Truth is Subjective.
- Damnation is Eternal.
- Know the Mutant; Kill the Mutant.
- To Question is to doubt.
- He who keeps silent consents.
- Prayer cleanses the soul, Pain cleanses the body.
- Death by thy Compass.
- Zeal is its own Excuse.
- Work earns Salvation.
- Without him there is nothing.
- Only the Emperor is all.
- Hatred is the emperor's greatest gift to humanity.
- Victory needs no explanation, defeat allows none.
- A small mind is easily filled with faith.
- For the Emperor! - General battle cry
- Space Marines, ATTACK! - General battle cry
- Cleanse, Purge, KILL! - Tactical Marine battle cry
- I will destroy their minds and burn their bodies - Librarian
- An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded - Librarian
- Walk softly, and carry a big gun - Force Commander
- What would you have me do? - Force Commander
- The Emperor guides my blade - Grey Knight battle cry
- NONE CAN WITHSTAND OUR FAITH! - Chaplain
- He who stands with me shall be my brother. - Force Commander
- Do you hear the voices, too? - Chaos Space Marines
- For the Dark Gods! - Generic battle cry
- I am destruction incarnate! - Daemon prince
- Despair, for I am the end of days - Daemon Prince
- The reign of the false Emperor is over at last - Daemon Prince
- Who are you to order me, fool? - Daemon Prince
- MAIM KILL BURN! MAIM KILL BURN! - Khorne Berzerkers
- Blood for the Blood God! - Khorne Berzerkers
- Don't think you can order me around - Khorne Berzerkers
- Sanity is for the weak! - Aspiring Champion (Cultist or Chaos Space Marine Squad leader)