(Redirected from Weight lifting)
Weightlifting is an activity that involves lifting weights.
- Everybody wants to be a bodybuilder, but nobody wants to lift no heavy ass weights.
- Ronnie Coleman, Ronnie Coleman: The Unbelievable! (2005) (DVD).
- The giant female bodybuilder proves unthinking people wrong who believe feminine beauty can never be harmonious with well developed musculature.
- Wait until they see these arms in Africa. They look big enough to me.
- Lou Ferrigno Pumping Iron
- The Iron never lies to you... The iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the real deal. The iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds.
- Henry Rollins, Details Magazine, January 1993.
- While other boys had pin-up girls and Playboy bunnies hanging on their walls, I had semi-naked men. I had Sonny Liston hanging there, Muhammad Ali — anyone who was heroic. I was planning to get inspired by all of these guys.