- The misconception is Gangster 50. That's the biggest misconception. Because, I can be those things that people – I have a reputation. My past is my shadow, it follows me everywhere I go. Well, all those things come from when I had no other choice. They put my back against the wall. I do what I gotta do. Because hip-hop has no requirements, you deal with people that have the least intelligence on the planet. Some of the people that compare themselves to me, compare themselves to me because they rap and I rap. They can't even read the contracts that they sign to be a rapper, to do the deal.
- Interview: 50 Cent. IGN (September 6, 2005).
- I want to explain my environment to those who don't come any closer to it than the records they buy or the images they see on television. People want the truth. Even if they can't handle it, they want it. I let you know that I survived nine bullets not to sell records, but because it's the truth. Every time I sit down for an interview, I'm asked, "Well, 50, how did it feel to get shot nine times?" But those stories don't hold the weight, the pain, or the hope of my experience. It just can't. This is my mindset and these are the things that go on. This is why I say the rhymes that I say. This is what happened when I was trying to get rich before I died in Southside Queens.
- I came from the bottom of the bottom. It’s hard for a lot of people to comprehend my story – a lot of people just don’t get me because they haven’t experienced it. I came from the bottom and I have risen up and I have changed but I have never forgotten.
- From his interview with Louis Gannon for Live magazine, The Mail on Sunday (UK) newspaper, 25th October 2009
- I can't belive my grand mothers making me take Out the garbage I'm rich fuck this I'm going home I don't need this shit
- 50cent at Twitter. Twitter (August 26, 2010).
Before I Self Destruct (2009)
- "Have a baby by me, baby, be a millionaire"
- "Baby by me"
|This musician-related article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|