A.I. is a 2001 science-fiction film about a highly advanced robotic boy who longs to become "real" so that he can regain the love of his human mother.
David is 11 years old. He weighs 60 pounds. He is 4 feet, 6 inches tall. He has brown hair. His love is real. But he is not. Taglines
- Directed by Steven Spielberg. Written by Ian Watson, based on the short story "Supertoys Last All Summer Long" by Brian Aldiss.
Professor Hobby 
- The greatest single human gift - the ability to chase down our dreams.
- You are a real boy. At least as real as I've ever made one.
- My son was one of a kind. You're the first of a kind.
Dr. Know 
- Come away O human child
To the waters and the wild
With a fairy hand in hand
For the world's more full of weeping
Than you can understand.
- Starving minds, welcome to Dr. Know! Where fast food for thought is served up 24 hours a day, in 40,000 locations nationwide. Ask Dr. Know — there's nothing I don't.
- I can't accept this! There is no substitute for your own child!
- [to David] I do love you, you know. [whispers] I have always loved you.
- Narrator: Those were the years when the icecaps melted due to the greenhouse gases and the oceans had risen and drowned so many cities along all the shorelines of the world. Amsterdam, Venice, New York forever lost. Millions of people were displaced. Climate became chaotic. Hundreds of millions of people starved in poorer countries. Elsewhere a high degree of prosperity survived when most governments in the developed world introduced legal sanctions to license pregnancies. Which was why robots, who were never hungry and did not consume resources beyond those of their first manufacture were so essential an economic link in the chain mail society.
- Teddy: I am not a toy!
- Teddy: We run now.
- Lord Johnson-Johnson: He who is without "sim", cast the first stone.
- Junky Mecha: Would you be so kind and shut down my pain receivers?
- Narrator: That was the everlasting moment he had been waiting for. And the moment had passed, for Monica was sound asleep. More than merely asleep. Should he shake her, she would never rouse. So David went to sleep too. And for the first time in his life, he went to that place, where dreams are born.
- David is 11 years old. He weighs 60 pounds. He is 4 feet, 6 inches tall. He has brown hair. His love is real. But he is not.
- Journey to a world where robots dream and desire
- This is not a game.
- This summer, discover the next step in evolution.
- Do not speak the seven-word activation code unless you mean it.
External links