A History of Violence (film)
(Redirected from A History of Violence)
Carl Fogarty 
- You should ask Tom... how come he's so good at killing people?
- Still crazy fucking Joey.
- Any last words before I blow your brains out you miserable prick?
Jack Stall 
- If I rob Mulligan's pharmacy, are you going to whack me if I don't give you a piece of the action?
- Who is your daddy, and what does he do?
Richie Cusack 
- Do you like being married? Does it work for you? I can't see it working for me. I never felt the urge, you know. A lot of great looking women in the world. I never met one, made me want to give up all the others. Sure you can fuck around, but it's so much damn work, keepin' it quiet. It's not worth the effort. Don't see the upside. You see the upside Joey?
- [After his guys fail to kill Tom] How do you fuck that up?
- [About Fogerty] You took his eye. Jesus Joey, you took his eye! Barbed wire, wasn't it?
- Tom Stall: In this family, we do not solve our problems by hitting people!
- Jack: No, in this family, we shoot them!
- [Tom slaps Jack, who walks away, visibly upset]
- Carl: You got anything to say before I blow your brains out, you miserable prick?
- Tom: [Dropping the act for the first time] I should've killed you back in Philly.
- Carl: [Smirks] Yeah, Joey. You should have. [aims at Tom, but is shot dead from behind by Jack]
- Tom: I'm here to make peace. Tell me what I gotta do to make things right.
- Richie: You could do something I guess... You could die, Joey.
- Richie: Jesus, Joey!
- [Tom/Joey shoots him]
- Tom/Joey: Jesus, Richie.
- Everyone has something to hide.
- Tom Stall had the perfect life... until he became a hero.
- Viggo Mortensen — Tom Stall/Joey
- Ed Harris — Carl Fogarty
- Ashton Holmes — Jack Stall
- William Hurt — Richie Cusack