Alesha Anjanette Dixon (born October 7, 1978) is a British singer and dancer, former member of girl group Mis-Teeq. Additionally, Dixon is a judge on the BBC dancing show Strictly Come Dancing, which she also participated in two years prior to her appointment as a judge.
- When you are knocked down you have two choices - stay down or get back up, stronger.
- I think people in England take things for granted, we complain about our NHS system and yes it’s not perfect but believe me it’s far better than what they've got here.
- Discussing healthcare in Tanzania whilst climbing Mount Kilimanjaro. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=So_2AitDBr8
- My friends call me Monica because she's the one in Friends who's obsessed with cleaning. I always think the house looks messy; a messy house can depress me. It can make me feel messy. If my house is clean and everything is in order, I feel better.
- It was the lowest point of my life. I just kept thinking, 'What have I done to deserve this?' I didn't see the point in living.
- I'm not dating. I'm still single and loving it. It's taken me a little while to say being single is a good thing, but now it's great. After a six-year relationship I'm finally baggage-free.
- Strictly has just given me a real zest for life. Life is so short. We should all grasp it.
- Obviously music is my first job.
- By the way, dancers are not human beings. How can you be human and do what they do?
Quotes about Dixon
- "a national treasure"
- "I don't need to give Alesha any advice. Honestly, she's a really strong woman"
- Cheryl Cole, when asked if she had any advice for Dixon becoming a television judge. http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/2009/09/22/cheryl-cole-backs-alesha-dixon-over-strictly-come-dancing-row-115875-21693074/
- "You have this great laugh. It's this crazy, mad laugh."