Alkaline Trio are a band from Chicago consisting of Matt Skiba on guitar/vocals, Dan Andriano on bass/vocals, and Derek Grant on drums/back-up vocals. Their music is characterized by dark lyrics, catchy choruses, fast tempos and recurring subjects of love, alcoholism, depression, fire, drugs, blasphemy, and death.
Goddamnit (1998) 
- Even Christ himself would cringe at the sight of your scars.
- After my court date, I'll forget about you. I'll tell my cellmates, I'll forget about you. After the jailbreak, I'll forget about you.
- I wanna wake up naked next to you, kissing the curve in your clavicle.
- Crack my head open on your kitchen floor, prove to you that I have brains.
- Nose Over Tail
- I can't believe my heart's still pounding, I can't believe how close I came.
- Southern Rock
- So happy Valentine's Day, I hope the sun's out in New York. I hope he bought you roses.
- Enjoy Your Day
- Put down like a teenagers first drink.
- Put down like a prostitute in court.
- As You Were
- I know I will always stop and see you and we'll run into each other's fucked up lives.
- Message From Kathlene
- And when I fall down I'll fall apart. Trade in my bike for a shopping cart.
- My Little Needle
- Look at all those stars, look at how goddamn ugly the stars are.
- Trouble Breathing
- Without wearing a stitch of clothing, we were both deeply in disguise.
- Sorry About That
Maybe I'll Catch Fire (2000) 
- I'm now huffing gas and sniffing paint to take away this buzz that I call you.
- Keep 'Em Coming
- Lower than piss. Have you ever felt like this?
- Madame Me
- Fuck you Aurora, you took my only friend. You won't catch me behind the wheel of a Chrysler ever again.
- Fuck You Aurora
- Shaking, like a dog shitting razorblades; waking up next to nothing.
- I've got a big fat fucking bone to pick with you my darling, in case you haven't heard I'm sick and tired of trying.
The Alkaline Trio (2000) 
- At least we're still friends. At least we're still alive.
- Goodbye Forever
- Maybe I'll stay down next time I get hit by a train.
- I Lied My Face Off
- I need a beer to wash it all away without a trace. And then i'll drink 23 more to wipe this stupid smile off my fucking face.
- My Friend Peter
- And we laid in my bed like a train wreck, and we both got laid like concrete.
- I've got it now, a thorn in my side the size of a Cadillac. Drive it through, cause backin' up now would be next to impossible.
From Here to Infirmary (2001) 
- It's better now to be alive, sleeping is my 9 to 5, I'm having nightmares all the time of running out of words that rhyme.
- Mr. Chainsaw
- Why is it that you had to say goodbye in your special way? You slashed the tires on my car.
- Stupid Kid
- It's a valid reason for every drink, and a new tattoo is a new reason to think.
- Another Innocent Girl
- If assholes could fly, this place would be busier than O'Hare.
- You're Dead
- I'll drink this beer and write in fear of a song everybody hates.
- Did I remember to sleep in? Take lots of pills? Commit irreversible sins?
- I'm Dying Tomorrow
- Never had a drink that I didn't like. Got a taste of you, threw up all night.
- Bless me, dark father, I have sinned. I've done it before and I'll do it again.
- Hell Yes