Anders Behring Breivik
|This People article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- To send a political activist to an asylum is more sadistic and evil than killing him.
- In an open letter sent to several newspapers in Norway shortly before the announcement by the second team of court-appointed psychiatrists on their findings of him not having been psychotic when he perpetrated the attacks.Global Post (10 April 2012)
- Western Journalists again and again systematically ignore serious Muslim attacks and rather focus on the Jews.
- If one acknowledges that Islam has always oppressed the Jews, one accepts that Israel was a necessary refuge for the Jews fleeing not only the European, but also the Islamic variety of anti- Judaism.
- The Norwegian murderer has shown himself to be as much an enemy of humanity as any jihadist. Indeed, he is a jihadist by any other name. He claims there's a war going on, and there certainly is – a war between civilized people and violent barbarians like him. It sickens me to think that this kind of thing can still happen when it must be obvious to even the most stupid among us that violence will never prevail because it will never win the hearts and minds of the people, the ones who are always left to pick up the pieces. How obvious does that have to be? You'd have to be a moron not to see it, or a fanatic. And, given the parlous state of democracy in Europe today, it's clear that any fundamental change in society is going to require overwhelming public support. Violence immediately snuffs that out like a candle. It's gone. This lunatic has murdered 76 innocent people and drawn hatred upon himself and everything he claims to believe in. He's hated in Norway. He's hated everywhere, as much as the suicide bombers in London and New York were hated and still are, and as much as any fanatical zealot who thinks they have the right to play God. Violence is not the answer. It's never the answer. And we will never progress as a species until we drag ourselves out of this swamp of violence.