|This political figure or monarch article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- Greece is a sort of American vassal; the Netherlands is the country of American bases that grow like tulip bulbs; Cuba is the main sugar plantation of the American monopolies; Turkey is prepared to kowtow before any United States proconsul and Canada is the boring second fiddle in the American symphony.
- [The world may end up] under a Sword of Damocles … on a tightrope over the abyss.
- Criticising the US Strategic Defense Initiative
- Time Magazine, 11 Mar 1985
- When asked by journalists if he had had a good breakfast.