The Backstreet Boys are a Grammy-nominated pop group that enjoyed enormous success in the mid-late 1990s and 2000s. The band consists of A. J. McLean, Howie Dorough, Brian Littrell, Nick Carter and Kevin Richardson.
Backstreet Boys (1996)
- Jam on cause Backstreet's got it
Come on now everybody
We've got it goin' on for years.
- I'll never break your heart, I'll never make you cry
I'd rather die than live without you
I'll give you all of me, honey, that's no lie.
- Get down, get down, and move it all around.
- Quit playin' games with my heart, before you tear us apart.
- I'd go anywhere for you, anywhere you ask me to
I'd do anything for you, anything you want me to.
Backstreet's Back (1997)
- Everybody, yeah. Rock your body, yeah.
Everybody, yeah, rock your body right.
Backstreet's back, alright!
- I don't care who you are
Where you're from
What you did
As long as you love me.
- But my love is all I have to give
Without you I don't think I can live
I wish I could give the world to you
But love is all I have to give.
- Now I see you're just somebody
Who waste all my time and money
What a lie, you and I
What about your, your 10,000 promises that you gave to me.
- 10,000 Promises
- I hope you understand that there's a broken heart that lies within your hands.
If you take away the loving arms that surround me,
Then I might break down and cry just like a child.
- Like a Child
- There are people that say what you wanna hear.
Even on a rainy day they'll tell you the sky is clear.
And there are people that say what they really mean.
Tell me why, or do you know how stars can fall from above?
- That's What She Said
- You are my fire, the one desire
Believe when I say I want it that way
- All you people, can't you see, can't you see
How your love's affecting our reality
Every time we're down, you can make it right
And that makes you larger than life.
- Show me the meaning of being lonely
Is this the feeling I need to walk with?
Tell me why I can't be there where you are?
There's something missing in my heart
- There you are, wild and free
Reachin' out like you needed me
A helping hand to make it right
I am holding you all through the night
I'll be the one (I'll be the one)
Who will make all your sorrows undone
I'll be the light (I'll be the light)
When you feel like there's nowhere to run
I'll be the one
- You hit me faster than a shark attack
You saw my picture on the Backstreet's Back, alright
- Don't Want You Back
- I never thought that I would lose my mind
That I could control this
Never thought that I'd be left behind
That I was stronger than you.
- Don't Wanna Lose You Now
- It's not that I can't live without you, it's just that I don't even want to try.
- Back to Your Heart
- You showed me, when I was young just how to grow
You showed me, everything that I should know
You showed me, just how to walk without your hands
'Cause Mom you always were the perfect fan
- The Perfect Fan
Black & Blue (2000)
- Looking back on the things I've done
I was trying to be someone
I played my part and kept you in the dark
Now let me show you the shape of my heart.
- Let me tell you the story about the call that changed my destiny.
- I will love you more than that
I won't say the words then take them back.
Don't give loneliness a chance
Baby, listen to me when I say
I will love you more than that.
- Show me your reason, give me a sign
Tell me the way we fall outta line
Is it today or is it tonight?
We'll find the answer to our life.
So tell me why we have to cry and not try
With there's so many things we can do
To help this troubled world start anew.
- The Answer to Our Life
- We've been through days of thunder
Some people said, "They don't belong."
They tried to pull us under
But here we stand together and we're millions strong.
- Time, look where we are and what we've been through.
- Yes, I will take your hand and walk with you
Yes, I will, it's these three words that promise to
Yes, I will give you everything you need and someday start a family with you.
- Yes I Will
- What makes you different, makes you beautiful
What's there inside you shines through to me
- What Makes You Different (Makes You Beautiful)
- Remember when we never needed each other
The best of friends like sister and brother.
Those days are gone, now I want you so much.
Don't know what to say, never meant to feel this way.
Falling so hard, so fast, this time.
- How Did I Fall in Love with You
Never Gone (2005)
- I've tried to go on like I never knew you
I'm awake but my world is half asleep
I pray for this heart to be unbroken
But without you all I'm going to be is incomplete.
- All the doors are closing, I'm tryin' to move ahead
And deep inside I wish it's me instead
My dreams are empty from the day, the day you slipped away
I just want you to know that I've been fighting to let you go.
- Who are you now?
Are you still the same or did you change somehow?
What do you do at this very moment when I think of you?
And when I'm looking back, how we were young and stupid
Do you remember that?
I still need you, I still care about you
Though everything's been said and done.
- It seems like yesterday when I said, "I do"
And after all this time my heart still burns for you.
Can you see me, here I am
Standing here where I've always been
And when words are not enough
I climb inside your heart and still find
You're my safest place to hide.
- Safest Place to Hide
- Then my heart did time in Siberia
Was waiting for the lie to come true
'Cause it's all so dark and mysterious
When the one you want doesn't want you too
- This is the song for the unloved
This is the music for one last cry
This is the prayer that tomorrow will help me leave the past behind
It's a song for the unloved
- Song for the Unloved
- There no more blindness 'cause when I cry I'm smilin'
You cured me from dyin' and I know with you I'll keep on livin'
You're rushing through me (like water from Heaven)
I feel you movin' through me (like sand in the sea)
And now I feel so alive (I know that there must be something here)
So alive ('cause you're all the air in my atmosphere)
Finally I feel complete 'cause you are rushed over me
- Rush Over Me
- Only one life to live in
We're trying our best to make it through
There's no mistakes just lessons
It's all about what they mean to you
- Movin' On
- Never gone, never far
In my heart is where you are
Always close, everyday
Every step along the way
Even though for now we've got to say goodbye
I know you will be forever in my life
- Never Gone
- I closed the door like so many times, so many times before
Felt like a scene on the cutting room floor
When I let you walk away tonight without a word
I tried to sleep but the clock is stuck on thoughts of you and me
A thousand more regrets unraveling
If you were here right now, I swear I'd tell you this
- I'm a house of cards in a hurricane
A reckless fire in a pouring rain
- Here we are, seven days
And seven nights of empty tries
It's rituals, habitual
But it's never gonna work this time
We're to the point of no return
And along the way the only thing we've learned
Is how to hurt each other
- Something That I Already Know
- When the snow hits your skin
The cold don't last forever
But you'll live it again
If you don't let seasons change
- How fool was I into thinking
I was gonna be alright, okay, fine
So every day I try a little harder to forget her
Lie here convince myself tomorrow will be better
- Trouble Is
- Last night I saw the fireworks
The kind of pain that never hurts
The one you hate to love that's made for you
Another unsuspecting Sunday afternoon.
- Unsuspecting Sunday Afternoon
- There's us, going on about a band
Working out how we play our hands
I lay there dreaming, later all alone in my bed
If I were stupid, maybe careless, so were you
- There's Us
This Is Us (2009)
- In the heart of the night, when it's dark in the lights
I heard the loudest noise, a gunshot on the floor
I looked down and my shirt's turning red
I'm spinning around
- It's known that I'm a liar, often they're blacker than white
Add on my uncandid ego, no one's less humbled than I
But you don't care, you keep sticking around
While I'm acting a clown, you're bigger
- Life should be like a game of cards
You make a mistake, shuffle the deck and start over
It should be just like driving in your car
Get lost and your navigation system gets you closer
- If I Knew Then
- I could be the one, give you all the love
Forget what he has done to you, I'm here now
Open up to me, love will set you free
If ever you believe it, please believe in me
This is us, this is us
This is us, this is us
This is love, this is love
Let the world know, baby, this is us
- This Is Us
- I didn't wanna live without you, I didn't wanna love without you
I used to think I'd die without you, now it's killing me
That we could be undone
You're talking now
And I'm hearin' everything that you say
And I'm holding on is a real phrase
And it's dragging me along to my grave
- Maybe it's all in my head. feel like leaving but I don't really want to
But I feel so misled, a kiss through the phone just won't do, no
'Cause from my point of view, I gotta say
Something 'bout you, so tell me, baby
Somewhere down the road I think you lost it all
Now it's all in my head
- All In My Head
- I'm not a player, I'm not a clown
I won't be a puppet, just hanging around
You need another man to put diamonds on your hands and let you take his car
I found out who you are, I finally figured you out
- Figured You Out
- Let me introduce you to the coolest guy I know (that's me, baby)
You'll go, "Hello, hello." I'm unstoppable, so damn lovable
Even if you think you'll find someone he'll never be just like me
Hello, hello, I am Mr. A
- Mr. A
- The truth is stranger than fiction
When you're a walking contradiction
Look how I go, impeccable flow
Wind in my face, it hardly ever rains
Always on top, I'm comin' up
I'm everything and I am everything
I know it all, don't know a thing
I am changing, still the same
I'm every color, I am evergreen
- Brothers fighting brothers, lovers fighting lovers
People barely caring anymore
Nations hated nations, love is lost in the equation
One world and there's still so many wars
We could use some divine intervention
God, if You're listening
Won't You help us find a solution to all this confusion
- Divine Intervention
- Opposites attract, chemicals react
When I look at you
Deserts need the rain, fires feed the flame
- Forces of Nature
- I wish it was the same, I guess no one's to blame
But I'd do it all again
- I'd Do It All Again
- We can move mountains as five together.
- On why being a solo artist is not his top priority at a soundcheck in Melbourne, Australia. (19 May 2012)
- I think for us to maximize the ability that we have as five to move forward, it wouldn’t be with another group, it would just be on our own. So here we are. It’s the right time.
- On why they postponed Kevin Richardson's return until after NKOTBSB. (19 May 2012) 
- I tell these guys everyday let’s just keep treading water, let’s keep making music, let’s keep touring, let’s keep doing what we do. We feel there’s no reason for us to stop. (July 2011)
- Unfortunately for a lot of people out there, there is a future for the Backstreet Boys, and fortunately for a lot of fans that we have. We have another 17 years in us. There's more music to be made, there's more history, there's more events, there's more moments that we can share with our fans in the future.
- On the Backstreet Boys' future. (June 2010)
- Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.
- I'm not famous, I'm just in the spotlight more than you.
- If you love someone put their name in a circle not a heart, because a heart can be broken, a circle goes on forever.
- I've received a lot of positive feedback from both the secular and Christian markets. People seem to be receiving it with open arms and hearts, and are interested in the stories I want to share about my relationship with God and my faith. (2006)
- I'll always be a Backstreet Boy.
- I really believe that's one of the many reasons that God had put me right in the middle of the Backstreet Boys. There are so many stars today that don't realize the impact they have on young people. Being a superstar is great, as long as you can be a positive role model.
- It's very rewarding to think you're actually affecting lives. I mean, people who can't even speak English are singing our songs and even the American audiences, we've had a lot of loyal fans who have stuck with us a long, long time.
- No man is worth your tears and the one that is won't make you cry.
- Let the world know that Backstreet is back, and we aren't going anywhere!
- During his speech on the Walk of Fame ceremony on April 22, 2013.
- Live life to the fullest for the future is scarce.
- On Millennium liner note. (1999)
- The number one fear I have, even though I am a scuba diver and I've had a license for a long time. I could never stand sharks.
- I don't believe in being mean to anyone. I'm a really peaceful person. That's something I get from my family.
- I try to make myself look as normal as possible because I like people to relate to me.
- Teen People, Summer 2000
- I once tried to sniff coke, but the ice cubes got stuck up my nose.
- I`m kind of like a sponge in a way. Everybody that I meet inspires me. You can learn so much from any person that you meet any day on the side of the street.
- It's kind of weird, because I look at myself as just a normal person. My friends get rejected all the time, so why shouldn't I? I don't think I'm anything special.
- I used to try to draw my girlfriends. I think one of the most romantic things that anybody can do is draw a portrait of the person you love.
- Music is love, love is music, music is my life and I love my life. (2000)
- You can live and learn, but you cannot learn to live. So just live.
- You can have whatever you want if you believe in yourself and keep your feet firmly planted in the ground.
- You get what you want if you work hard for it. If you have the patience to go trough the hard days and the hard process, then – and only then – can you make it!
- That's what the Backstreet Boys are supposed to sound like.
- On singing a cappella with Kevin Richardson. (December 2011)
- In the beginning, it was all this puppet crap, like management saying, "No facial hair, no earrings, no girlfriends. If you do have one, you don’t ever say you do. I think the fans actually gained more respect for us for being honest."
- We never once considered ourselves a boy band. We've always considered ourselves to be a vocal harmony group - a true singing group.
- I cry in movie theatres all the time. I get that from my grandfather. We're a really sentimental family. Brian is like that as well. When we got our first gold record we bawled like babies!
- We're touching people's lives and making people forget about their problems for a moment. That's what music's all about, I think. (1999)
- It's like family: we love each other like brothers, and we argue like brothers. (1999)
- We'd never done anything to harm you, I don't appreciate the negative comments. Unless you want me coming after you in the press, and you don't want me talking about you, you need to stop it and lay off my little brother. You don't want me to open up a new can of worms.
- To Paris about her bashing Nick. (2005)
- If you don't have your health, your family, or your happiness, your career don't mean shit. (2005)
- Life is full of disappointments, and you got to pick yourself back up, and you got to keep going, and you got to keep believing in yourself.
- "Popstars: Girls Forever" Episode 11. Germany. (October 28, 2010)
- Being back with my brothers again feels great. I love these guys. We have gone through so much together. We just have a chemistry... a bond that will always be. (July 2012)
- I want people to know that I've got a brain and we all are intelligent human beings and we don't have somebody behind us telling us what to do 24/7
- On MTV Diary (2000)
- We don't consider ourselves to be manufactured. We're five guys who sing, we're a vocal group. I think our music and our success speak for itself.
- On MTV Diary (2000)
- Being honest with our fans about our relationships shows we're real. We have lives. We're human beings.
- When I think back to some of the terrible auditions I went to when I was a struggling performer, I really cringe! I had to do alot of really embarassing things, but I learnt alot, and I always try to never regret things!
- Yeah, people will always look at us and see an automatic stereotype. But once they hear us, they'll know we're for real.
- Acting and singing are like one for me... I tried to keep them both equal so whichever one took off first was the one I was going to go with.
- It's like being married to four guys.
- On what it's like to be in the Backstreet Boys. (2005)
- The true fans know nothing is official until they actually hear it from us.
- On Kevin leaving the band (2006)
Quotes about the band
- "It was ironic looking at Billboard record and seeing Black & Blue at number 1 and the Beatles album at number 2, that Backstreet Boys album is hotter. I love how they are more hands on with the writing process, ya gotta' love that." ~ Mariah Carey (2000)
- "You could be a fan of the Backstreet Boys and you can admit that...that's cool because the songs are so .. they're good." ~ Darren Hayes (Savage Garden) (2001).
- "The Backstreet Boys is the most successful Boyband ever existed on this planet and they are really talented. ~ Jessica Simpson
- "They're really great guys, and I'm glad we share the same record label, I think I'm in love with them" ~ Aaliyah 2000.
- "The Backstreet Boys can sing their asses off. I'm not so sure about those other boy bands. But Backstreet Boys have my ultimate respect." ~ Elton John
- "The Beatles were basically the Backstreet Boys of their time, then they began doing drugs and became one of the most revolutionary bands in the world. Maybe if we gave the Backstreet Boys drugs, we could see what would happen, who knows, maybe they would change the world too" ~ System of a Down
- "Without Nick, I wouldn't be where I am. He's my hero." ~ Aaron Carter
- "I'm a big Backstreet Boys fan. I always give y'all shoutouts. I love the things y'all do." ~ Sean Combs (to Nick Carter)
- "I've got a lot of respect for Backstreet boys...when I did Men Strike Back with them I had a blast..." ~ D'Angelo
- "I think that the Backstreet Boys should've taken home those 5 awards, they are a great group of guys.~ Santana at the Grammy's
- "They are Larger Than Life! My God, in some ways more than others!" ~ Christina Aguilera
- "I'm a closet Backstreet Boys fan. They're very sweet" ~ Sarah McLachlan
- "We got a lot of support from the Backstreet Boys...and they were like our Idols, still our idols...And we were like crying ..we couldn't believe that we are gonna be on the same stage as The Backstreet Boys..." ~ Westlife
- "Everybody has there own sound of music, we even think the Backstreet Boys are cool. They make music, they love there fans, and thats all that matters, they have my respect & wishes!" ~ Ed from Collective Soul
- "I actually have their CD's and I really like them" ~ Seth Green
- "They're inspirational to me" ~ Mandy Moore
- "I met BSB at a benefit gig we were both doing, and they are really humble, nice guys - and very hard working" ~ Usher
- "I'm hoping to go out there and give them some pressure so that they can go out there and whup some ass even better, because I like them guys.Yeah. I actually like them better than all those boy and girl bands for the simple fact that I've known them since 1992, man. I remember in 1992 in Birmingham, England, they opened for me, and I remember going through Europe and seeing these guys do malls and their little routines when it was a handful of people in front of them. If anybody worked for this sh!t and deserves it, they do. 'N Sync and Christina Aguilera and all, they just came in on the coattails, man; these boys broke the damn thing open. They certainly deserve everything, and! I respect them for that." ~ Shaggy
- "I love the Backstreet Boys! I think they're very talented and I think their harmony is wonderful." ~ Beyonce Knowles
- "They're all too talented" ~ Brandy
- "Whenever they're here in L.A. doing a concert or something, we just have to go see them" ~ Jennifer Love Hewitt & Lacy Chabert
- "Oh, I think they're just GREAT!" ~ Sarah Michelle Gellar
- "Their my boys-I'm a big fan." ~ Foxy Brown
- "Those teen pop S***ts they do..., seeing all those girls screaming their A** off, and even their albums sells in records...that leaves me no choice but to like them...but do I?...I really don't give a damn about 'N Suck and Britney or any other boy band A**holes, but when it comes to Backstreet...I mean seeing them on the TV, it really gets me not to turn off my TV...well, that can mean I like their sh**s..." ~Eminem
- "I love them. That video is soooo cute!" ~ Jennifer Lopez
- "We've known them for a loong time, their good friends of ours" ~ LFO
- "I'm down with just the Backstreet Boys." ~ Howard Stern
- "BACKSTREET BOYS ROCKKKK!!!!!!!" ~ Tom Green
- "BSB are a great bunch of guys, I really like them" ~ Whitney Houston
- "BSB are my personal favorites" ~ Dr.Dre
- "The Backstreet Boys did AWESOME this year!" ~ Britney Spears
- "Yeah, they're a great group" ~ Madonna
- "It's very professionally done, very clever songwriting. I like Backstreet Boys more than 'N Sync, Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera, it's all very well done stuff. Much better than the Partridge Family and New Kids On The Block. I took my kids to see Backstreet Boys live and they flipped out" ~ Gene Simmons
- "They're a tight-ass group man" ~ Jay-Z
- "It's great to see a bunch of hard working guys that care so much for their fans" ~ Bryan White
- "I want to find out more about how the Backstreet Boys get their incredible sound. I've got both their albums and I would love to cover one of their songs" ~ Tom Jones
- "It was also great to have the Backstreet Boys appear on stage with me because I have gotten to know them all a little bit just recently, and not only are they great performers, but they also very hard working professionals and really nice guys." ~ Elton John
- "I like songs that evoke emotion. I mean, in my neighborhood, you don't listen to this kind of song, but one day I caught the video, and they were doing things like using crescendos and decrescendos, different kinds of instruments, doing break downs in the middle of the song. Musically it's just terrific. ~ Sisqo on "Larger Than Life"
- "I met a young chap from the band. He was a nice! bloke, unaffected by the industry and I really liked him f! or that" ~ Johnny Rotten of the S.E.X Pistols on Nick Carter
- "I absolutely love them and their music" ~ Shania Twain
- "Before my show every night on tour on the bus I just blast the Backstreet Boys to pump up for the show." ~ Shania Twain
- "The Backstreet Boys....they really do have good music!" ~ Enrique Iglesias
- "The Band...,the guys, their music...is just great, I mean it's really cool to see them performing on stage, I like them when they sing accapella versons of their songs" ~ Chyna (WWF Diva)
- "If you go to the postings you will see moronic statements by many who just don't get life/creativity/exploration and music at all! Am I never supposed to write a song for anyone else?... Am I never to change my style as I and music evolve???... It just blows my mind how retarded people are!! I've been asked to write for Ozzy, I've written many songs for the Crue, my solo stuff etc... Who gives a flyin fu** who I write with! I only want to work with talented artists! Fu**... I'm not joining the Backstreet Boys, I was asked by [[Nick[[ after he heard my last 2 CD's production and sound if I would help him get a more aggressive sound for his new CD!!... And why not?... That mother fu**er can sing his nuts off!!...And what?... Is he never to do anything but pop music?? He's a huge rock music fan... You all would be very surprised... Do I judge your work!?!!?... Trust me... It wouldn't get me off posting to everyone how you burn the burgers you flip at Jack in the Box!! So run along..... Your boss is calling you." ~ Tommy Lee
- ”We have a sorta strange relationship. We have been kinda hanging out, but nothing serious, he just means a lot to me." ~ Alexandra Bachelier of American Idol on Nick Carter
- “When people throw crap at them they keep walking. And, of course, keep winning” ~ Rolling Stone on BSB
- "Anyone who says the Backstreet Boys can't sing is crazy. They're probably just reading some highbrow critic who hates anyone the general public embraces. I'm sorry, but those boys sing their butts off. They work hard on their choreography, and on their harmonies. Their tracks are tight and solid. Their songs are musical and memorable." ~ Tony Orlando
- "'Untapped gay market'! I'll tell you what it was. When I first heard the songs and I heard some of the other songs that those guys had written, they just sounded like mini-Mutt Lange's. The ideas, the way they structured the songs, Andreas Carlsson, Per Aldeheim and obviously [[w:Max Martin|Max Martin]. They used to be in hardrock bands when they were younger and were very much influenced by what Def Leppard were doing in the eighties. And they've taken that on to such an extent that Max Martin made Backstreet Boys very famous. A lot of the Backstreet Boys stuff, if you listen to it, is very much like a lot of stuff Def Leppard do, minus the guitars. "POUR SOME SUGAR ON ME" could've been a Backstreet Boys song. The big Backstreet Boys song - "LARGER THAN LIFE" I think it's called - but, given to us, we could've done it and people wouldn't have thought it was completely different." ~ Rick Savage of Def Leppard’s response to being asked about working with Max Martin
- "We were inspired by boy bands like the Backstreet Boys, Westlife, those guys, They're famous and their music is really cool." ~ Hassan Ali Alfaluji
- “I just think most boybands that come out of the UK aren't bad, but they're just not great. I think if you look at bands like B2K, *NSYNC and the Backstreet Boys. They're great bands. Great music and great singers. I just think that no one from here has really put on a great show like that, since Take That." ~ Triple 8
- "I'd be jealous of the Backstreet Boys when they sold more than me. The only reason you think of jealous of you Ja Rule is because you know you sound like me. That's common fu**ing sense, man. You think Backstreet Boys are jealous of N'Sunk or whatever the fu** they name is? Fu** no - they have better things to worry about." As for his label dissing him, X added, "Goin' back to Backstreet. They made their label huge and brought them in sh**loads of money and now they can't record, I heard, because their label is fu**ing them around. I feel them. They're real mutha fu**as in their own way, but their management 'team' refuses to recognize that sh**. I feel those men or boys or whatever the fu** you wanna call them. We give our souls to our music. We put our lives on the fu**ing wax and the labels treat us like sh**." ~ DMX on the Backstreet Boys and label problems (XXL Magazine)
- “For those of you who have a problem with us touring with Nick Carter... GET OVER IT! Nick Carter has been awesome to us over these past 2 shows. The tour started off with a bang in Toronto and continued tonight in Detroit! Our expectations of fans and crew and even Nick Carter himself has blow our minds at how at much fun and good people they all have been to SEV. Much love and thanks to everyone for making us feel welcome." ~ Sev (the Opening Act on Nick’s ‘Now or Never’ tour)
- “Nick has been a blast and the fans have been really nice to us." He added of Carter, He's this huge star who treats everyone so nicely. ...You should always be nice to the opening act!" ~ Justin Roman of Vi3 (Opening Act on Nick’s ‘Now or Never’ tour)
- "We want to be like the Backstreet Boys...we want to be that big!" ~ Westlife
- “If System of a Down works for them, then great. If the Backstreet Boys work for them, that's cool too. See, I don't think anyone has the right to tell people what's good or bad. It's all about personal taste. It's about where you come from and what has brought you here... Let's take the Backstreet Boys for example - no one has the right to criticize them unless they know what they have been through, what their influences were. It really fu**ing bugs me when people slam other stuff, without knowing anything about it. If it's not what you like, that's fine, but if other people like that, so be it. Those people who don't like our music, that's their right. Their stuff might not be my thing, but other people like it." ~ John Dolmayan of System of A Down on BSB
- “I hear a lot of you freaking out because some guy compared CC and the Backstreet Boys. The funny thing is that for quite a few of us in the band, the New Kids were a huge early influence and in a lot of ways, the Boys are the descendants of that music so I still dig it. They're not as funky as N'Sync, but they always had more of a sensitive side. I wondered how long it would take someone to spot the connection between "Black and Blue" and "Miami". I even titled the other song "Black and Blue" on "Hard Candy" as a sort of a hint. Good call crowman69. Without a truly open mind, you can never really understand music. I know the rest of you are going to stick up your noses at this, but I bet a lot of you have never even heard a Backstreet Boys album in its' entirety. Give 'em a chance. The singles don't really tell the whole story. They've always been more of an album band. I'm constantly surprised by how narrow all your musical tastes are and that the music you like is so different from the music we like.” ~ Adam Duritz of Counting Crows
- "Speaking of hot sh**, as in for young teenage girls, Howie from the Backstreet Boys was there talking to The Miz," she said. "I wasn't quite sure if it was in fact Howie (in my head, I apologized for calling him The Housewife back when he was ironing his hair), but soon enough I would know. Anyway, Mike reached down in his purse to pay his way and his homeboy's way and sometimes his cousin's way, and mine of course, and then I looked up and next thing you know he's introducing me to Howie. I shook his hand, grabbed my $5, said I had social paranoia and must get thee to the bar and godspeed. It wasn't that serious, but I had to bounce. Two RW people and a Backstreet boy, what am I? The Surreal Life?" ~ Melissa from Real World: New Orleans
- “He was so cool. We talk all the time, and we're really kinda, you know...we're friends. ~ Brittany Snow from American Dreams on Nick Carter
- "This guys are the most successful pop group of all time...there's no mistake" ~ Hulk Hogan (WWE Hall Of Hall Of Fame Inductee).
- "My closet CD that I don't admit that I really listen to is Celine Dion. My husband's sister passed away in a car accident, and she was a huge Celine Dion fan. 'It's All Coming Back to Me Now' was her favorite song, so that's kind of my guilty pleasure. We just drove down to San Antonio to see Emily give birth, and we listened to the Backstreet Boys the whole way down there.” ~ Martie from the Dixie Chicks on [Pop] music
- "I'm crushed Kevin came back to the group and ruined my chances of ever being the bass singer for BSB! ; (" ~ Lance Bass (2012) 
- "They sing like angels sliding down a rainbow sent from heaven." ~ Jenna Marbles (2012) (on E! 15 Awesomest Boy band)