Ben Robert Moody III (born in Little Rock, Arkansas on January 22, 1981) is a two Grammy Awards winner, a former guitarist of Evanescence, the worldwide known band he co-founded with Amy Lee in the mid-1990s, and now a solo artist. Ben's capable of writing true hit ballads like My Immortal and Everything Burns, his solo success, and hard core songs such as The End Has Come from The Punisher movie soundtrack. He also helped creating and recording most recent albums of Avril Lavigne, Kelly Clarkson, and Lindsay Lohan, his own, "Can't Regret What You Don't Remember" which has an unknown release date.
Music and business
- "It's weird when you open up Billboard because you see your name next to 50 Cent and Madonna. I mean, 50 Cent who I grew up on for the last month."
- "I used to do the rap [on Bring Me To Life], but people could not handle my flow."
- "We'll just drink and go on."
- "She's not that attractive. I mean, she was hard to look at at first, but I figured, rough around the edges, but she can sing good."
- about Amy Lee.
- "We have faith in the people who support us. If they really like us, they're going to want to be cool enough to buy our music, and realize that if they don't, the record label gets our first-born child."
About religion and Evanescence being a Christian band
- "We're actually high on the Christian charts, and I'm like, 'What the f*** are we even doing there?'"
- About Fallen.
- "All anyone seems to want to do these days is judge other people for things that they themselves are doing. It's so easy to feel completely and hopelessly alone. I used to visit a church that happened to openly support President Clinton. I remember more than once seeing people on the street in front of the church who were opposed to Clinton's stand on homosexuality. These people had their small children with them holding up signs that said "God Hates Fags". The children weren't even old enough to know what homosexuality was, all they knew was that they were supposed to hate them. The thing that bothered me was not their ignorance or their hateful standpoint, but that they called themselves Christians. The world is filled with hateful people who parade the name of Christ like a badge that grants them immunity to destroy anyone who disagrees with them and they are turning more people away from the love of Jesus than any other group of people in the world. The #1 cause of atheism is Christians... We only hope to offset that as much as we can... We hope to express in our music that Christianity is not a rigid list of rules to follow only out of fear of an unseen deity who will strike you down at any given moment if you fail."
- "I don't even have a jeep, let alone a bomb-proof jeep."
- "That's the most rock-and-roll story in the world. No one can top it."
- On how he and Amy met in a youth camp.
- "Something tells me a bomb would pretty much take our bus out."