Blown Away (1994 film)
Jimmy Dove 
- Goddamn you, Gaerity. Look what you've done.
- You're a chickenshit, Ryan.
- My name is Liam. Liam McGivney.
- What are you, a detective?
Ryan Gaerity 
- I'm here to create a new country for you called chaos and the government called anarchy.
- You have me wrong. I'm not the destroyer, I'm the creator.
- You might want to mind your feet there, Liam. Betty's a very particular bomb. I hate guns. You fell for it. That wasn't the real trigger, this is.
- The real fireworks for Katie and Lizzy would be later. Why don't you just settle down with Betty, catch it on the telly. I wasn't expecting you so early. It's funny how things always work out for the best.
- Down the hatch, Liam. I'll be leaving you with my masterpiece. I'd love to show you how it works, but really there's no time.
- Ryan Gaerity: Did I catch you a bad time, Liam? (laughs sinisterly)
- Jimmy Dove: Ryan Gaerity?
- Ryan Gaerity: Oops. I called you Liam.
- Jimmy Dove: Is that you?
- Ryan Gaerity: Or is it, Jimmy Dove? Much more lyrical than Liam McGivney. Much less Irish. Listen to me, Liam, I came here to bring you a gift.
- Jimmy Dove: What gift is that, Gaerity?
- Ryan Gaerity: It's the gift of pain, of course.
- Jimmy Dove: You're the reason they died, not me.
- Ryan Gaerity: Oh, blame, blame, blame. I'm supposed to be blamed for the deaths of your new pals as well? Who's right? Who's wrong? We were at war. Your conscience causes the death of your own, Liam. You're a bad boy. You've triggered the bomb too early!
- Jimmy Dove: I was trying to stop you! You said nobody was going to killed! There people everywhere!
- Ryan Gaerity: And look who paid: your own sweetheart, your friends, me. While you've been in America, a hero, I've been a man without a country. I spent the last 20 years of my life in jail or on the run because of you. (squeaks a toy) Ha! Ha! Ha! But don't let me get morose on ya. Fate's brought us together again. I've come to Boston. Fine place for a man to lose himself, wouldn't you say? And what do I find? My old pal on the telly! If they only knew what you'd done.
- Jimmy Dove: I did what I did because you told me I was a soldier! I never killed anybody!
- Ryan Gaerity: Did you hear the Big Bang, Liam? They think the universe was created from an explosion. Can you imagine that, Liam? An explosion! (laughs)
- Jimmy Dove: Goddamn you, Gaerity. Look what you've done.
- Ryan Gaerity: I've come here to create a new country for you called chaos and a new government called anarchy. All for you.
- Jimmy Dove: I can't believe I bought your shit.
- Ryan Gaerity: Civilians die in war, Liam. But you disobeyed orders. You betrayed the cause.
- Jimmy Dove: You never gave a damn about the cause. The only thing that ever turned you on were your goddamn bombs!
- Ryan Gaerity: And what lovely ladies they are, Liam. Tell me, Liam, how close were you when she went?
- Jimmy Dove: Ryan, why don't you come down here and face me?
- Ryan Gaerity: Could you smell her flower, Liam?
- Jimmy Dove: What? Are you still there? You're a chickenshit, Ryan.
- Ryan Gaerity: I've enjoyed talking to you, Liam. I don't want to be rude, but I must go. Your new wife and daughter just got home.
- Katie Dove: Oh, my god, Jim.
- Jimmy Dove: My name is Liam. Liam McGivney.
- Katie Dove: What?
- Jimmy Dove: I'm not from here. I'm from Ireland. I was born and raised in Belfast. We were at war. I was just a kid. They recruited me off the playground. One minute, I'm a kid on the merry-go-round thinkin' how blue the sky is and the next I'm learning how to turn bleach into bombs. My whole life I was taught to hate the English. Get them out of Ireland.
- Katie Dove: Then you're I.R.A.
- Jimmy Dove: No, he was too crazy for that.
- Katie Dove: Who?
- Jimmy Dove: The guy who did this, Ryan Gaerity. We thought we were soldiers. I was in love with his sister. He was my best friend. He killed my fuckin' dog. He killed Blanket, he killed Rita, Cortez. He wants me now.
- Katie Dove: Why?
- Jimmy Dove: I screwed up his plans. I tried to stop his bomb. The others got killed, he got captured. I turned my back on him. I left. I want you to leave. Go to the Cape. Go to Max's. Do it right now.
- Katie Dove: This is my home.
- Jimmy Dove: Katie, you can't stay around here, around me. Do you understand that? Now, it's safe in there. Go in, get your stuff and go.
- Katie Dove: I don't even... I don't even know who you are.
- Max O'Bannon: You're a fighter, huh? Look at her fight. Aye, easy now, easy. That's a boy. Ah, pregnant, huh? Well, go forth and multiply, mother mackerel. (A can clatters) Ah, Jimmy. You know better than to sneak up on a man like that when he's fishin'. Scares the fish. I heard about what happened today. Don't know what this city's comin' to. Bad as bloody Belfast.
- Jimmy Dove: Yeah, more than you know. It was Gaerity.
- Max O'Bannon: Give it a rest, Jimmy. He's incarcerated for life.
- Jimmy Dove: No, he's out.
- Max O'Bannon: What?
- Jimmy Dove: He killed Blanket with concussion. He blew Rita and Cortez out of the truck. He's taking out the squad the same way his sister and the others died back in Ireland.
- Max O'Bannon: Sweet Jesus!
- Jimmy Dove: He blames me for what happened. He's probably right.
- Max O'Bannon: What are you talking about?
- Jimmy Dove: That bomb would've killed hundreds if it had blown like Gaerity had wanted. That doesn't matter to Ryan. He's killed three. He'll go for more. He's already... He's already threatened Liz and Katie.
- Max O'Bannon: Oh, Jimmy. Where are they now?
- Jimmy Dove: In your cottage. Hope you don't mind.
- Max O'Bannon: How much she knows?
- Jimmy Dove: I told her the truth. I should've a long time ago.
- Ryan Gaerity: So, you found us, Liam? And your country's birthday as well?
- (Jimmy blows the candle from the cake)
- Jimmy Dove: You always made us laugh, Ryan.
- Ryan Gaerity: We sure had good time, didn't we, Liam?
- Jimmy Dove: Yeah, we did, and you're not fun anymore. (frisks Gaerity) Do you have any weapons, Ryan?
- Ryan Gaerity: No, no, just this. (reveals a remote control) Look. Now you're gonna blow my brains or shoot my finger off? What do you think it's the safest course of action, Liam? Think it over.
- Jimmy Dove: Why don't you do it? I'm tired of war. Go ahead, take us both.
- Ryan Gaerity: No, no, it's not for us. It's for your lovely wife. It could be her farewell performance. Now you would be back away from me that goddamn pistol.
- Jimmy Dove: You're chickenshit, Ryan.
- Ryan Gaerity: There she is sawing away on her fiddle for 500,000 beautiful Americans celebrating revolution. I'll bet little Lizzy is there as well. She's waiting for the fireworks, Liam.
- Jimmy Dove: Ryan, don't give me that political bullshit. You're doing all this for revenge.
- Ryan Gaerity: She's waiting for the rocket's red glare...
- Jimmy Dove: That's 25 years ago!
- Ryan Gaerity: And the bombs you know what!
- (Gaerity tosses the remote trigger and Jimmy catches it)
- Ryan Gaerity: Mind your feet there, Liam. Betty's a very particular bomb. I hate guns. You fell for it. That wasn't the real trigger, this is.
- Jeff Bridges - James "Jimmy" Dove/Liam McGivney
- Tommy Lee Jones - Ryan Gaerity
- Suzy Amis - Kate Dove
- Lloyd Bridges - Max O'Bannon