Cheech & Chong
Cheech & Chong were a comedy duo who found a wide audience in the 1970s and 1980s for their stand-up routines, which were based upon the era's hippie, free love and especially drug culture movements. Richard "Cheech" Marin played a cholo from Los Angeles, while Tommy Chong was a burned-out "druggie" whose entire life revolved around getting high.
|This Actor article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- Earache my eye, how would you like a butt-ache?
- "Earache My Eye", Cheech & Chong's Wedding Album (1974).
- Cheech: [sings] Mexican Americans don't like to just get into gang fights,
they like flowers and music and white girls named Debbie too.
Mexican Americans are named Chata and Chella and Chemma
and have a son in law named Jeff.
Mexican Americans don't like to get up early in the morning
but they have to so they do it real slow.
Mexican Americans love education so they go to night school
and take Spanish and get a B.
Mexican Americans love their nanas and their nonos
and their ninas and their ninos, nanoo nanoo nina nonoo!
Mexican Americans don't like to go to the movies where the
dude has to wear contact lenses to make his blue eyes brown
cause don't it make my brown eyes blue.
 And that's all I got, how do ya like it?"
Chong: Oh that's good.
Cheech: That's like a protest tune, man.
Chong: Yeah, I dig that. But you know, while you were singing that, I wrote another tune.
Cheech: Oh yeah?
Chong: Yeah, it's, it's like the same thing, only different. You want to hear it?
Cheech: Yeah, yeah.
Chong: It's like a little more rock and roll than that one.
Cheech: All right, get down.
Chong: Something like this here.
[sings] Beaners! Beaners!
[speaking] I gotta work a little more on the lyrics.
Cheech: Yeah that's heavy man. [phone rings] Keep working on it, man.
Chong: [singing in the background] Beaners! Beaners gonna...
Cheech: Hello. Mexican Americans like to answer telephone calls and say hello to whoever's on the other end.
- Cheech & Chong's Next Movie (1980).
- Cheech: His name is RALPH.
- Up in Smoke (1978); a police officer has pulled Cheech and Chong over, and asked what Chong's name is; Chong then throws up in the car, prompting Cheech's response.
- Cheech (as Buzz Wired): Hi, this is Buzz Wired from DORK Radio, and you have just won BAM!!!! Bummin' Around Money!
- From "DORK Radio", a track from the 1980 album Let's Make A New Dope Deal
- Chong: Good evening, and welcome to...
Cheech: White World Of Sports!
Chong: Brought to you by...
Chong: Breakfast of Champions.
Cheech: Remember, when you're out of Bud...
Both: Tough Schlitz.
- From "White World Of Sports", which appears on the 1973 album Los Cochinos.
- Chong:Hey, which one of you is the DJ?
Cheech (as Wink Dinkerson): Uh, that's me, Wink Dinkerson from KRUT Radio.
Chong: Aw, far out, Dink.
- "Wink Dinkerson", from the 1971 debut album Cheech & Chong
- Cheech:Hey man, give me a sip.
- Cheech:Hey, that's pee!
- Chong: I know. It's for my probation officer.
- Cheech: Oh. Does he drink pee?
From Cheech and Chong's Next Movie (1980)