Chronicle is a 2012 film about three high school friends who gain superpowers after making an incredible discovery. Soon though, they find their lives spinning out of control and their bond tested as they embrace their darker sides.
Andrew Detmer 
- I've been doing a lot of reading, you know? Like, online about, like, just evolution and natural selection and how like there's this thing, right? It's called the apex predator, right? And basically what this is, is the strongest animal in the ecosystem, right? And as human beings, we're considered the apex predator but only because smaller animals can't feed on us because of weapons and stuff, right? A lion does not feel guilty when it kills a gazelle, right? You do not feel guilty when you squash a fly... and I think that means something. I just think that really means something.
Matt Garrety 
- [in Tibet, speaking to camera] Hey, Andrew. I just wanted to say that... I'm sorry and, uh, I-- I hope... that you know that I did what I had to do. You're not a bad person. I know that. That's all that matters. And, uh, I want you to know... that I'm gonna be better from now on. I'm gonna help people. I'm gonna find out what happened to us down there. I don't care how long it takes. I'm gonna get answers. I'm gonna do it for you, and I'm gonna do it for Steve. And... I just-- I love you, man. I didn't ever get a chance to tell you, but I love you. And guess what. You made it. Whoo-hoo! Isn't it beautiful? Good-bye, Andrew. [Matt flies away and leaves the camera to view the beautiful tranquil scene]
- Richard Detmer: Hey.
- Andrew Detmer: What?
- Richard Detmer: How are you getting to school?
- Andrew Detmer: I don't know what you mean.
- Richard Detmer: Don't bullshit me, you idiot. Matt doesn't come. He doesn't drive up. You leave the house. Who the hell's giving you rides to school?
- Andrew Detmer: M-Matt.
- Richard Detmer: All right. You know what? You're lying. You're up to something, and you can't hide it. You think you can just slink, hmm? Sneak in, sneak around my house, smiling? I'm onto your shit.
- Richard Detmer: Hoarding a $500 camera while your mom dies in there? I mean, how selfish can you be? I went through your camera.
- Andrew Detmer: What did you see?
- Richard Detmer: Just you being a loser. You think that those people are your friends? Huh? They're not. You're an embarrassment. You're running around this town, spending my money. Look at me when I'm talking to you!
- Andrew Detmer: I didn't spend any of your money, Richard.
- Richard Detmer: 'Cause I don't have a dime to spend. Every last cent- Look at me! Every last cent goes to school for you-
- Andrew Detmer: School?
- Richard Detmer: and medication for your mother.
- Andrew Detmer: I go to a public school!
- Richard Detmer: I can't even pay for a goddamn-
- Andrew Detmer: You don't pay for a public school, you idiot!
- Richard Detmer: What did you call me? Did you call me an idiot, you shit? [he throw the table and Andrew backs away] Did you call me an idiot? Huh? You piece of shit! [he punches Andrew in the face and to the ground] Get up. I said get up! [he pulls his up] Get up! [Andrew in a great rage, grabs him and holds him up against the wall]
- Andrew Detmer: I could crush you, you hear me!?!
- Richard Detmer: Stop it-! [he is choking]
- Andrew Detmer: I can CRUSH YOU! [Andrew throws him on the floor across the room. His father stays down on the floor in pain]
- [Andrew in flying in the sky and is crying during a lightning storm after his father beat him. Steve flies up to comfort him.]
- Steve Montgomery: Hey! Hey, asshole! What are you doing up here?
- Andrew Detmer: Just leave me alone, Steve!
- Steve Montgomery: You can't be up here, dude. This isn't safe.
- Andrew Detmer: I don't want to talk to anyone.
- Steve Montgomery: Bro! What are you doing up here?
- Andrew Detmer: Leave me alone! How did you find me?
- Steve Montomery: I don't know, man. My nose was bleeding. I heard your voice or something like-- What the hell happened to your face?
- Andrew Detmer: Nothing, man. Just leave me alone.
- Steve Montgomery: No, dude, that's not nothing. That-- Your dad! Your dad beat the shit out of you. He can't do that to you now.
- Andrew Detmer: Will you stop acting like you give a shit?
- Steve Montgomery: Dude. Why are you talking to me like this? I'm your best friend.
- Andrew Detmer: I don't have any friends! You were never my friend before any of this.
- Steve Montgomery: I hang out with you and Matt, like, every day! We're supposed to fly around the world together. Don't you-- Do you remember that? You think I'm--
- Andrew Detmer: Stop! Just stop talking to me! Why won't you just leave me alone?
- Steve Montgomery: Come on, man.
- Andrew Detmer: Steve, I'm telling you, get away from me! Get away from me now! Please! Now! [Steve gets struck by lightning and is killed]
- [Matt flies into Andrew's room]
- Matt Garetty: Andrew, what happened at school? Huh?
- Andrew Detmer: I need to go and pick up my mom's medication! [Andrew in a bit of a panic]
- Matt Garetty: Oh, yeah? [he grabs Andrew's backpack from him] You're gonna break the rules again? We're too strong for that now, Andrew! [he throws his backpack to the floor] If you did that, you know what I'd have to do!
- Andrew Detmer: You'd have to what?
- Matt Garetty: You have to start thinking.
- Andrew Detmer: What would you have to do, Matt?
- Matt Garetty: There are consequences to what you do!
- Andrew Detmer: You could not do anything to me because I am stronger than you.
- Matt Garetty: Stop that bullshit! I know what you did. I'm not gonna let you do it again!
- Andrew Detmer: I am not going to break your stupid rules! Okay? So just screw off and stay out of my life! [Andrew pushes Matt and Matt pushes back harder. Matt attempts to punch Andrew in the face but he stops his fist from hitting him by using his powers. At this, Matt flies away]
- Matt Garetty: Andrew! Andrew, look at me! This has to stop right now, okay? This is really, really bad! What happened to you?
- Andrew Detmer: Why did you catch him?
- Matt Garetty: Listen, just focus, okay?
- Andrew Detmer: I dropped him! Why did you catch him?
- Matt Garetty: Andrew, this is not a game! Do you understand? You're hurting people!
- Andrew Detmer: You're weak, Matt! You're all weak! I am stronger than all of this!
- Matt Garetty: Andrew, listen to me, okay? Just... I need you to listen! Just focus for a second!
- Andrew Detmer: Do not tell me what to do!
- Matt Garetty: They can't stop us, it's not too late for us to go!
- Andrew Detmer: It is too late! I'm done! It's over... God, you treated me like shit! You left me alone!
- Matt Garetty: Andrew, you're not alone up here! I'm here with you! I should've been with you all along, but I'm here now and we can stop this right now, you and me! Andrew, we can just fly away, we can get out of here! We can be a family! Andrew... Andrew, look at yourself! This isn't who you are!
- Andrew Detmer: Apex predator...
- Matt Garetty: What?
- Andrew Detmer: I'm an apex predator.
- Not all heroes are super.
- What are you capable of?
- Boys will be boys.
- It's all fun and games until everybody gets hurt.
- Dane DeHaan - Andrew Detmer
- Michael B. Jordan - Steve Montgomery
- Alex Russell - Matt Garetty
- Michael Kelly - Richard Detmer
- Ashley Hinshaw - Casey Letter