Clement of Alexandria
|This religious leader article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- Our whole life can go on in observation of the laws of nature, if we gain dominion over our desires from the beginning and if we do not kill, by various means of a perverse art, the human offspring, born according to the designs of divine providence; for these women who, if order to hide their immorality, use abortive drugs which expel the child completely dead, abort at the same time their own human feelings.
- Paedagogus 2 (circa 210).
- He alone can remit sins who is appointed our Master by the Father of all; He only is able to discern obedience from disobedience.
- As quoted in ''Noble Thoughts in Noble Language (1871) edited by Henry Southgate, p. 2.
- The purified righteous man has become a coin of the Lord, and has the impress of his King stamped upon him.
- Reported in Josiah Hotchkiss Gilbert, Dictionary of Burning Words of Brilliant Writers (1895), p. 104.