Days of Wine and Roses (film)
- My name is Joe Clay. I'm an alcoholic.
- [to Kirsten Arnesen Clay] I walked by Union Square Bar. I was going to go in. Then I saw myself, my reflection in the window, and I thought, 'I wonder who that bum is.' And then I saw it was me. Now look at me. I'm a bum. Look at me! Look at you. You're a bum. Look at you. And look at us. Look at us. C'mon, look at us! See? A couple of bums.
- [to Kirsten Arnesen Clay] You remember how it really was? You and me and booze — a threesome. You and I were a couple of drunks on the sea of booze, and the boat sank. I got hold of something that kept me from going under, and I'm not going to let go of it. Not for you. Not for anyone. If you want to grab on, grab on. But there's just room for you and me — no threesome.
Kirsten Arnesen Clay
- Thanks for the compliment, but I know how I look. This is the way I look when I'm sober. It's enough to make a person drink, wouldn't you say? You see, the world looks so dirty to me when I'm not drinking. Joe, remember Fisherman's Wharf? The water when you looked too close? That's the way the world looks to me when I'm not drinking.
- Debbie Clay: Daddy, will Mommy ever get well?
- Joe Clay: I did, didn't I?
- From the days of wine and roses finally comes a night like this.
- This, in its own terrifying way, is a love story.
- It's different. It's daring. Most of all, in its own terrifying way, is a love story...
- Jack Lemmon - Joe Clay
- Lee Remick - Kirsten Arnesen Clay
- Charles Bickford - Ellis Arnesen
- Jack Klugman - Jim Hungerford
- Alan Hewitt - Rad Leland
- Tom Palmer - Ballefoy
- Debbie Megowan - Debbie Clay
- Maxine Stuart - Dottie
- Jack Albertson - Trayner
- Ken Lynch - Liquor Store Proprietor
- Gail Bonney - Gladys the Cleaning Lady
- Mel Blanc - TV Cartoon Characters (voice)
- Jack Riley - Waiter
- Katherine Squire - Mrs. Nolan
- Lisa Guiraut - Belly Dancer
- Jennifer Edwards - Debbie Clay at age 5
- Lynn Borden (uncredited) - party guest