Deepak Chopra (दीपक चोपड़ा; born October 22, 1946) is an Indian medical doctor and writer. He has written extensively on spirituality and diverse topics in mind-body medicine. He claims to be influenced by the teachings of Vedanta and the Bhagavad Gita from his native India, and quantum physics. He also said that he has been profoundly influenced by the teachings of J Krishnamurti. His teachings have had a profound influence on the The New Thought Movement which has embraced him in the U.S.
|This article on an author is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- It’s time to rescue "intelligent design" from the politics of religion. There are too many riddles not yet answered by either biology or the Bible, and by asking them honestly, without foregone conclusions, science could take a huge leap forward.
- To say that Nature displays intelligence doesn't make you a Christian fundamentalist. Einstein said as much, and a fascinating theory called the anthropic principle has been seriously considered by Stephen Hawking, among others.
- "Intelligent Design Without the Bible" in The Huffington Post (23 August 2005)
- Laughter is Humanity's mechanism to escape suffering.
- "Iconoclasts" Sundance Channel Original Series episode 3.03 (Original Air Date: 8 November 2007)
- Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future. The past is closed and limited; the future is open and free.
- The Path to Love: Spiritual Strategies for Healing, p. 170
- The secret of attraction is to love yourself. Attractive people judge neither themselves nor others. They are open to gestures of love. They think about love, and express their love in every action. They know that love is not a mere sentiment, but the ultimate truth at the heart of the universe.
- Focus on the quality of life. Add life to your years and then years will be added to your life.
- Intelligence is present everywhere in our bodies...our own innate intelligence is far superior to any we can try to substitute from the outside.
- There is always one moment in childhood when the door opens and lets the future in.
- Misattributed. This is originally by Graham Greene.
- The spiritual meaning of love is measured by what it can do. Love is meant to heal. Love is meant to renew. Love is meant to bring us closer to God.