Devil (also known as The Night Chronicles: Devil) is a United States 2010 supernatural horror film based on a story by M. Night Shyamalan and is the first of The Night Chronicles trilogy. Centering on five people trapped in a lift following a mysterious suicide, who begin to realise the Devil is among them as they start to mysteriously die.
|This film article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
Jane Kowski ("Old Woman")
- [Last Lines] Damn I really wanted you
- You think you can be forgiven?
- You think this will make you good? You're not good.
- You think you can make up for the choices you made?
- Whores, liars, cheaters, & deserters: all in the same.
- Is he picking a fight?
Ben Larson ("Guard")
- [From the trailer] Who Are You?
Sarah Caraway (Young woman)
- Are you threatening me ? (towards the Mechanic)
- It feels like something *bit* me!
- Turn on the lights!
Vince McCormick (Mattress Salesman)
- When's the last time you heard somebody say 'hang tough'?
- Oh, this is not good...
Anthony "Tony" Janekowski (Mechanic)
- Must be working on the power again.
- Yeah ! I spent some time in Afghanistan..
- If I can get up there, I can maybe figure out what's wrong with this thing.
- I'am a mechanic. I'm pretty good with this sort of thing..
- Ramirez: [voiceover] When I was a child, my mother would tell me a story about how the Devil roams the Earth. Sometimes, she said, he would take human form so he could punish the damned on Earth before claiming their souls. The ones he chose would be gathered together and tortured as he hid amongst them, pretending to be one of them. I always believed my mother was telling me an old wives' tale.
- Ramirez: [voiceover] My mother's story would always begin the same way, with a suicide paving the way for the Devil's arrival. And it would always end with the deaths of all those trapped.
- Ramirez: When he's near, everything goes wrong. Toast falls jelly-side down, children hit tables, and people get hurt.
- Ramirez: [seeing ghostly face on monitor] You see it?
- Lustig: Yeah, look, that's just... That's just grain in the image. That's, you know, it's a mistake. It's like when people see Jesus in a pancake or something.
- Lustig: [Over radio] What did you say?
- Detective Bowden: Any luck with the elevator company?
- Detective Markowitz: They're out of business.
- Detective Bowden: I guess that figures.
- Detective Bowden: An apology note left at the site of a hit and run. My wife and son were killed out on Bethlaham Pike five years ago, but that's OK, because whoever did it is *sorry*. You can tell by the heartfelt apology on the back of a carwash coupon.
- Detective Bowden: So no, I don't believe in the Devil. You don't need him, people are bad enough by themselves.
- Business Bureau Clerk: It's not our policy to discuss cases under review.
- Business Bureau Clerk: The line would stretch around the block. The guy was a real scumbag.
- Chris Messina - Detective Bowden
- Logan Marshall-Green - Anthony "Tony" (listed on the credits as "Mechanic")
- Bojana Novakovic - Sarah (listed on the credits as "Young Woman")
- Bokeem Woodbine - Ben Larson (listed on the credits as "Guard")
- Geoffrey Arend - Vince McCormick (listed on the credits as "Salesman")
- Jenny O'Hara - Jane Kowski (listed on the credits as "Old Woman")
- Matt Craven - Lustig
- Jacob Vargas - Ramirez
- Joshua Peace - Detective Markowitz
- Joe Cobden - Dwight
- Caroline Dhavernas - Elsa Nahai (forensic psychiatrist)
- Zoie Palmer - Cheryl (Tony fiancee)
- Vincent Laresca - Henry
- Craig Eldridge - Donnelly
- Killian Gray - Uni
- Kelly Jones - Firefighter Kurtzy
- Lee Olivera - Firefighter
- Joe Pingue - Business Bureau Clerk
- Jonathan Potts - Wayne Kazan (divorce lawyer for Sarah)
- Alice Poon - Officer Choi
- Gage Munroe - Jesse Bowden
- Stacy Chbosky - Car Crash Woman
--220.127.116.11 09:29, 17 May 2013 (UTC)