Devil May Cry 3: Dante's Awakening
The following are quotes from the videogame Devil May Cry 3
- 1 Prologue
- 2 Mission 1
- 3 Mission 2
- 4 Mission 3
- 5 Mission 4
- 6 Mission 5
- 7 Mission 6
- 8 Mission 7
- 9 Mission 8
- 10 Mission 9
- 11 Mission 10
- 12 Mission 11
- 13 Mission 12
- 14 Mission 13
- 15 Mission 14
- 16 Mission 15
- 17 Mission 16
- 18 Mission 17
- 19 Mission 18
- 20 Mission 19
- 21 Mission 20
- 22 Epilogue
- 23 External links
- Lady: (narrating) You've heard of it, haven't you? The Legend of Sparda? When I was young, my father would tell me stories about it. Long ago, in ancient times, a demon rebelled against his own kind for the sake of the human race. With his sword, he shut the portal to the demonic realm, and sealed the evil entities off of our human world. But since he was a demon himself, his power was also trapped on the other side. I've never believed it. I always thought it was just a child's fairy tale. But I discovered that this so-called legend wasn't a myth at all. Sparda existed. How do I know? Well... I met the sons of Sparda... Both of them. Although the same blood of their father flowed through their veins, the two battled each other fiercely like arch-enemies. It seemed as if they derived some sort of twisted pleasure from this brotherly fighting. But in the end... only one was left standing.
(Phone rings as Dante opens the door after taking a bath. Then kicks his chair to upright position and as he sits, taps his heel on the table to toss the phone into his hand and answer it.)
- Dante: Sorry. Not open for business yet. (hangs up the phone) I haven't even picked a name for this joint and I'm already getting calls.
- (Arkham enters)
- Dante: You a customer, too? Well, if you need to use the bathroom, help yourself. The toilet's in the back.
- Arkham: Is your name Dante? Son of Sparda?
- Dante: Where did you hear that?
- Arkham: From your brother. He sent this invitation for you. Please, accept it.
- (Arkham flips Dante's desk over and vanishes. Dante backflips, lands on his overturned desk, and catches one of his guns.)
- Dante: Invitation, huh?
- (Dante is about to take a bite of pizza when demons burst into his office and attack him with their scythes. He knocks them aside and strolls to his jukebox.)
- Dante: This party's getting crazy! Let's rock!
- (Dante tries to start the jukebox unsuccessfully several times; he punches it, and it begins playing music, to which he proceeds to defeat all of the demons in his office.)
- Dante: The end? Don't bet on it!
- (Dante surveys his wrecked office with satisfaction.)
- Dante: I can already tell... Looks like this is gonna be one hell of a party! (kicks his door open)
- Dante: Damn it! You guys totally wrecked my shop! And I haven't even named it yet! You're gonna pay for that!
- (Throws Rebellion to the air and stylishly wears his red long coat. After that, he sneezes and the shop collapses)
- Dante: I hope you all have enough to cover all of this!
(After that Dante fights with several demons, ends with he defeats a Wraith. Soon after, a huge tower jutting out of the ground. There's someone holds a long katana wears blue coat standing on top)
- Dante: It's been nearly a year since we last met. Where does the time go?
- (Dante looks up at the person on top of the tower, whom looks back at him with calm expression. The mysterious white-haired person holds the katana in his hands)
- Dante: No doubt you've got some fun planned for me. Right, Vergil? (Dante shouts at the person)
- (Without turning around, Vergil speaks to Arkham, who quietly appears behind him)
- Vergil: Arkham!
- Arkham: Well, doesn't it excite you? The Temin-Ni-Gru has revived! The great one, who once ruled this earth as the medium between the human world and the demon world. Isn't it a magnificent view? The greatest minds of their time, those who revered evil, constructed this glorious edifice. Now, after two millennium of confinement, it can at last fulfill the purpose for which it was intended...
- Vergil: That's none of my concern. Did he have it?
- Arkham: Of course, he's taking good care of it. After all, it is the only memento left from the mother you both lost.
- (Vergil silently lifts the amulet he wears around his neck.)
- Vergil: But he has no idea of its true power.
- (The Wraith defeated by Dante at the end of the last mission suddenly arrives and makes pleading gestures towards Vergil. Vergil seems not to care and slowly turns his back on the Wraith to leave. Suddenly he draws his katana, Yamato, and silences the Wraith with a quick flurry of sword strokes. As Vergil slides Yamato back into its sheath, the demon slides into pieces and plumets from the top of the tower. Not even looking at the demon, Vergil continues walking into the tower while Arkham stares down at the spot the wraith, until moments ago, was cowering.
On the ground, a woman sitting atop a motorbike looks up at Temen-Ni-Gru with her telescope.)
- Lady: I found it!
- (Out of nowhere, there are three demons behind her, but without saying anything, she just steps on the gas peddle and fries the demons as she departs.)
- Cerberus: Leave now, mortal! The likes of you are forbidden in this land. You who are powerless are not worthy to set foot here.
- Dante: Wow, I've never seen a talking mutt before. You know in a dog show, you'd definitely take first place.
- Cerberus: You, a mere human, make a mockery of me?
- Dante: Easy, Fido! How about I take you out for a walk? Come on puppy. Let's go!
- Cerberus: You'll regret this, you worm!
- Dante: It's showtime. Come on!
- Cerberus: You are not human, are you?
- Dante: Who knows. I'm not even sure myself.
- Cerberus: Regardless, you have proven your strength. I acknolwledge your ability. Take my soul and go forth. You have my blessing.
- (Cerberus shatters and his soul flies into Dante's hand, turning into ice nunchaku. Dante practices his moves.)
- Dante: Too easy!
- (Lady drives in Temen-ni-Gru and rides on Dante. He backflips and lands behind her.)
- Dante: Are you going to the party? What's the matter? Did you get an invitation?
- (Lady shoots a rocket at Dante, but he hops on it, makes a short ride and a big hole in the ceiling. Lady charges on bike and jumps through the hole.)
- Dante: It just keeps getting better and better!
(Vergil stands in silence on the edge of the balcony at the tower, while Arkham's sitting and reading a book not far from him.)
- Vergil: Looks like we have an uninvited guest.
- Arkham: Is that so?
- Vergil: A human, a woman.
- Arkham: I'm afraid I should ask the uninvited one to leave. That is what you want. Actually I happend to be acquainted with that woman.
(Arkham leaves Vergil.)
- Arkham: A storm is approaching...
(Vergil averts his gaze at Arkham, and sees scars on Arkham's face moving as he walks away.)
- Jester: Yoo-Hoo! There is no need to use violence, devil boy... oh, wait wait wait, better listen to what others say, lad. This tower here, is very sturdy, you see! Your tricks, will do no good, no good!
- Dante: Zip it, or I'll pierce that big nose.
- Jester: That could be a problem, just hear me out, you've got nothing to lose, right? My name is Jester, and I know a thing or two about this place. That thing there is the power generator for this entire sector. In order to open the door, you'll need to apply a little something to it first! You know what that is, kid? Or is that too difficult for you? Ha-ha-ha-ha!
- Dante: Get to the point! Or do you want to keep on dancing?
- Jester: La-la-la-la-la-la... Actually, I prefer a sword to be my partner. May I have this dance, m'lady?
- (Dante swings his sword at Jester, hitting the power generator, and the door opens)
- Jester: Bingo! That is what the something is. Remember that, kid! Write it down on your hand if you don't trust your head!
- Dante: I see... thanks! You still piss me off, though.
(before fighting the blood-goyles)
- Jester: Thanks for destroying the lock there, devil-boy! And welcome to Hell! Please accept my gift. Don't be humble. Just take it. After all, we're are both buddies, aren't we!?
- Agni: Wait!
- Rudra: Yes, wait!
- Agni: We have been waiting for a long time.
- Rudra: Yes, a very long time.
- Agni: For somebody who wiil be stronger than us.
- Rudra: Somebody who will control us.
- Agni: My name is Agni.
- Rudra: And my name is Rudra. You shall take us with you.
- A&R: We could be a great help to you!
- Dante: Okay, but on one condition.
- Agni: What is it?
- Rudra: Name it!
- Dante: No talking!
- Agni: Fair enough!
- Rudra: As you wish.
- (Dante picks up twin swords and practices)
- Rudra: Impressive.
- Dante: (bashes heads together) No-talking. (silence) Good.
- (Dante walks to the top of the Temen-Ni-Gru to confront his brother, in the middle of a enormous thunderstorm)
- Vergil: You showed up?
- Dante: You sure know how to throw a party. No food, no drinks, and the only babe just left.
- Vergil: My sincerest apology, brother. I was so eager to see you, I couldn't concentrate on the preparations for the bash.
- Dante: Whatever. At any rate, it has been a whole year since we last met. How about a kiss from your little brother? Or better yet... (draws Ivory) How about a kiss from this?
- (Rain and thunder crash ominously)
- Dante: So, this is what they called a heartwarming family reunion, eh?
- Vergil: You got that right. (flicks Yamato from sheath)
- Vergil: Why do you refuse to gain power? The power of our father, Sparda.
- Dante: Father? I don't have a father. I just don't like you, that's all.
(The two started to deadlock against each other on swords, and eventually Rebellion is clashed away -- Vergil stabbed Yamato relentlessly into Dante's chest.)
- Vergil: Foolishness, Dante, foolishness. Might controls everything, and without strength, you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself.
- Arkham: Do you finally have it?
- Vergil: Yes. Now the spell Sparda cast will be broken.
- Dante: Argh!
- Vergil: I see a devil inside you has awakened as well.
- Arkham: Wait! We should leave. For the moment, we have all that we need.
- Dante: Hey! What's your name?
- Lady: I don't have a name!
- Dante: Really? Then what should I call you?
- Lady: I don't care. Whatever you want.
- Dante: Whatever, Lady. (leap to the castle entrance) I'll leave this to you. Cuz' I don't wanna miss the party. (enters castle)
- Lady: Who counted on you anyway?
- Nevan: Hmmm! Welcome, sir! Is this your first time here?
- Dante: Yeah... it is. You'll be nice to me, won't you?
- Nevan: Of course I will! I'll treat you so nicely, You'll never want to leave!
- Dante: (drawing Rebellion) Now, that's what I'm talking about!
- Nevan: (seductive laugh) Well then, come on, sugar.
- (after the battle)
- Nevan: Aaangh..! (falls into Dante's arms) My, you're SWEET!
- (she leans up to bite him, he shoots her in the stomach)
- Dante You'd think so, wouldn't you?
- Nevan: (sighs) All right, I'll help you. (stroking and caressing Dante's chin) Your father was a handsome devil... but you're no slouch yourself.
- (Vergil and Arkham approach the final door to the altar. Arkham starts to unlock it.)
- Arkham: Soon we will reach the Lair of Judgment. Temen-ni-Gru will finally regain its function and lead us into the Demon World. The world where Sparda's power has been sealed. And the one who will lift the incantation is you, his own son. It must be fate.
- (Doors are opened. Arkham welcomes Vergil to enter, but son of Sparda suddenly stops.)
- Vergil: Does that woman really bother you?
- (Arkham gazes at Vergil with surprise.)
- Arkham: What are you talking about?
- Vergil: Why didn't you kill her? Because she is your daughter. Did some pesky fatherly love get in your way?
- Arkham: That's none of your...
- (Vergil stabs Arkham with Yamato.)
- Vergil: To further your study in the Black Arts you sacrificed your loving wife to become a devil as well. Knowing this, I thought you would be more useful to me, but I was wrong. (turns Yamato and stabs Arkham further) No wonder that your attainment of power is incomplete.
- Arkham: But what about you? You are incomplete being as well. Both demon... and human blood mingle in your veins.
- Vergil: Shut up! (takes out Yamato and when he sheathes the sword Arkham falls) Now, when the final door is opened, I have no use for you...
- (Vergil walks into darkness and Arkham's body lays on the ground.)
- Lady: That man... did you kill him?
- Dante: So what if I did?
- (she opens fire, he dodges, and a huge acrobatic gunfight begins)
- Dante: Ooh, I love a fast woman!
- Lady: Shut up! (keeps shooting) He was obsessed with becoming a devil, so much he killed his own wife! For that he butchered innocent people too! He's the most vile kind of creature! To top it off, that filthy scum... is my father.
- Dante: Well, we have something in common. I have a dysfunctional family too.
Lady And what would you know about family?! You're a demon!
- Arkham: (groans) Where am I? It's dark, I can't see anything.
- Lady: You're still alive, I see.
- Arkham: Mary? Is that you? Where am I? I can't see anything. Where's your mother?
- Lady: My mother?! You killed her, remember?!
- Arkham: Yes... I killed her, with my own hands. What terrible thing have I done? I was too weak, I succumbed to his influence...
- Lady: You mean... you were possessed?
- Arkham: Mar--!! (coughs) Yes. I was manipulated, by a devil, named Vergil.
- (Beowulf breaks through the room's roof)
- Beowulf: SPARDA!
- Dante: Aw, you poor thing. Didn't your mother teach you how to use a door?
- Beowulf: That odor, I know it.
- Dante: Huh? Give me a break. I'll tell you what, I'll try and wear some cologne next time, okay?
- Beowulf: It's the stench of betrayal. The stench of the accursed Sparda! I shall annihilate every last blood relation of Sparda!
- Dante: Ho-ho-ho, a son cleaning up his dad's mess. Where have I heard this story before?
- Beowulf: The odious one whose heart pumps the blood of Sparda! Though my sight is gone, I remember your scent. I shall hunt you down to eternity if I must, until I rid this earth of your foul smell!!
- Dante: Why do I have to take the heat for my father? Come on man, cut me some slack.
- Jester: Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha, it's amazing! Even the devil boy is no match for it, ha-ha-ha...
- Jester: Wo..wo-wo-wo-wo-wo, you're not going to shoot me, are you? If you do, I'll die, you know?
- Dante: If that's what it takes to shut you up. It bugs the crap out of me when someone talks more than I do.
- Jester: Don't act so rashly, my boy... wo-wo-wo, I have a doozy of a story to tell you. But if you snuff out my voice like that, I won't be able to tell it, now will I? Thought I was a goner for sure. You saw it too, didn't you? The huge tower jutting out of the ground? That thick shaft that causes women to shudder... is actually a tunnel, linking the demonic domain to the human world. And your brother Vergil the one that controls it by using your mommy's amulet!
- Dante: Amulet?
- Jester: He's heading to the control room in the basement... So, if you don't hop down there quick like a bunny, he'll open the gate to Hell! Isn't that a scary thought?
- Dante: And you're telling me this because...?
- Jester: Oops, I forgot to mention one tiny wittle item. That gizmo here is in fact the key to move forward. However, it sucks the souls of those who hold it, but in return, it'll give you power. Marvelous, isn't it? Ha-ha-ha-ha! Let your young spirit drive you and GO FOR IT! Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!
- Dante: Wish you would have told me in the first place, ya bigmouthed moron!
- Beowulf: (to Vergil) I found you, seed of Sparda. I told you I remembered your rancid scent. No matter where you run to, you can never hide from me...
- (Beowulf lunges, Vergil jumps over his head, his sword flashing)
- Beowulf: Y-you... you are not the one I faced before! But this smell... there are two of them! That excrement Sparda had two sons-! (his head falls into three pieces when Vergil sheathes Yamato)
- Vergil: Why isn't this working?! Is there something missing? Must more blood be shed?
- Dante: (grinning) You seem to be in a bad mood.
- Vergil: Dante.
- Dante: So my mother's amulet is the key that unlocks the door to the Demon World. Heh, good plan, Pop.
- Vergil: Just the opposite, actually. Originally it was the key to the Demon World but was given to the humans as a gift.
- Dante: It doesn't matter to me one way or the other. (draws Rebellion) More importantly, I've come all this way. I'm sure you've got time for one more game, right?
- Vergil: (sheathes Yamato and activates the Beowulf gauntlets) Why not? After all, we share the same blood. I'll just use more of yours to undo Daddy's little spell.
- Dante: (balancing his sword on the tip of the hilt) So, you want a piece of me. Literally. Okay, bro. Come and get it, if you can!
- Lady : (firing the Kalina Ann at Vergil, then both Dante and Vergil blocks the fire)
- Dante: Sorry, this ain't no place for a little girl! So beat it!
- Lady : Shut up... (At Vergil) You forced him into this!
- Vergil: Is that what you think? Foolish girl
- Jester: Bravo, Bravo! I never dreamed things would go so smoothly, well done everyone, well done! Don't be a bad girl, Mary. Or you can expect a spanking from daddy later! Jester's gonna spank your butt, spank you on your buuuutt!
- Vergil: Insane buffoon! I don't know where you came from but you don't belong here. Now leave!"
- (charges at Jester, who grabs his sword)
- Jester: Zowie, that was close! But you have taken quite a bit of troucing today, haven't you, Vergil? You could have chopped me into confetti by now if you were in tip-top condition!"
- Vergil: Damn you!
- Jester: (Arkham's voice) You have lost. Because you underestimated Humans. (pushes Vergil out)
- Lady: What's going on?!
- Arkham: Good girl, pure and innocent. Just like your mother.
- Lady: You bastard!
- Jester: Its time for your spanking my dear... HA! You want to know why the spell didn't break, hmmm, Vergil? You had the amulets, you had Sparda's blood, you had everything you needed to unleash the evil...
- Dante: I told you before, I don't like anyone who has a bigger mouth than mine!
- (opens fire, Jester evades)
- Jester: You are wounded and weak. Even I can do... THIS to you! Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha! (stomps on Dante)
- Arkham: Two amulets, a set of Sparda's blood, now I need one more key. He sacrificed two things to suppress the tremendous force of this tower: his own devil's blood, and a mortal priestess. (stabs Lady in the leg, releasing her blood) I needed you, in whose body flows the same blood as the sacrificed woman. The spell cannot be undone without your blood!
- Jester: It was quite a ride, you know. If any of you would had died before getting here, our little plan would have gone to waste! Therefore my job was to make you battle each other in order to weaken you. But at the same time, I needed to guide you here to make sure you were kept alive. I even went so far as dressing like a complete idiot! Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha! It's time for bed, Mary. You can visit your dear mother!
- (Lady, Dante and Vergil fight back)
- Lady: Try me.
- Vergil: It's time for the clown to bow out, Arkham.
- Dante: Dude, the show's over.
- Arkham: Impressive, I expected nothing less from the devil's descendants. But aren't you forgetting something, Vergil? The spell is broken. What do you think will happen next? Let's welcome CHAOS!
- (Arkham knocks them all away)
- Arkham: Just sit and wait. Wait for the birth of a new god! I shall take over the power of Sparda!
- Arkham: He plucks the threads that make us dance, finger and toe. We surrender, in joy, to the lowest of the foul and rank. We submerge through darkness, rancid filth. Hour by hour we move downward, ever closer to hell. In a slow, steady, gait. Now, let the world resonate. Sloth, Gluttony, Greed, Envy, Lust, Wrath, and Pride. A bell of chaos that tolls human desires. After two thousand long years, the once-sealed gate to the demonic world will open. Destruction! Carnage and Despair! Let your instincts drive you. Entrap this world in fear! As its very name, Temen-Ni-Gru, strikes terror into the hearts of mankind. And I, will become the ultimate ruler of this wasteland, engulfed with pandemonium. The demonic power that Sparda once imprisoned... will be mine!
- Dante: What's wrong? You tired? Then stand back. I'll take care of this.
- Lady: No, you stand back! (points her gun at him)
- Dante: (pulls her gun closer and takes a bullet in his stomach) I've told you you can't do it, don't you get it? This is not a human's job!
- Lady: You are the one who doesn't get it! It's not something you can reason with. This has nothing to do with me being a human or you being a demon! I'm driven by my inability to forgive him! My soul is screaming, demanding me to kill him! It's enough motivation to keep me going. Besides, this is my family matter. You should stay out.
- Dante: Okay Lady, I get the picture but I can't just sit back and watch either. I'm pretty pissed off too, you know. (kicks her gun across the floor to her and takes out Ebony & Ivory) Now get out of my way or there will be some consequences.
- Lady: Fair enough. I didn't plan to let any demons live anyway, not even one.
- Dante: I'll take care of him. (moves closer as if to kiss her, but sighs in amusement and backs off on seeing her reaction)
- Lady: Why do you care so much?
- Dante: This whole business started with my father sealing the entrance between the two worlds. And now, my brother is trying to break the spell and turn this place into demonville. This is my family matter too. Quite frankly, at first, I didn't give a damn. But because of you, I know what's important now. I know what I need to do. (prepares to leave)
- Lady: Wait...
- Dante: Trust me! I promise, I'll make things right for you. It's what my soul is telling me to do.
- Lady: Use this. (hands him Kalina Ann)
- Dante: How much is it gonna cost me?
- Lady: You can give me your name.
- Dante: Dante.
- Lady: (As Dante starts to walk away) Dante... Please, free my father.
- Dante: I will, Lady.
- Dante: Well then, let's wrap up this crazy party, shall we? Gotta clean up the mess father left behind.
- Arkham: Welcome! What do you think after looking at your father's image?
- Dante: It's like staring into a backed-up toilet! Why do you always stick your nose in other families' business. Come on, dude, don't you have any hobbies?
(Arkham and Dante start laughing)
- Arkham: You can still talk big after seeing THIS? I feel it... the power... I feel the devil's power overflowing in my body, the power of SPARDA!
- Dante: Dude, my father wasn't so hideous. (Admiring his own reflection in his sword's blade) Can't you tell by looking at me? Anyway, that shape suits you better. Let us begin the main event!
- Arkham: Ha-ha-ha, no matter how strong you are, you are nothing but a half-breed.
- Arkham: What's this!? Damn you!
- Vergil: I have come to retrieve my power... You can't handle it.
- Dante: Look at you, making a big dramatic entrance and stealing my spotlight!
- Vergil: Well... you don't possibly believe that he deserves to be our main event, now do you?
- Dante: Now that you mention it, you're right.
- Arkham: Do you truly believe that you can defeat me? Defeat the power of your father, the great Sparda?!
- Vergil: You should come to realize you cannot control the power of Sparda...
- Dante: You're wasting your time, buddy! I think he needs to learn the hard way.
- Vergil: (holding Dante's Ebony gun) I'll try it your way for once.
- Dante: Remember what we used to say?
- Arkham: DON'T DO IT!
- V&D: JACKPOT!
- Arkham: I have the true power of Sparda!
- Vergil: Not very classy for someone's dying words.
- Arkham: Ugh... how could I...? I shall become a God! No one here can stop me!
- (Lady appears)
- Lady: What a surprise... here I was, looking for you, and lo and behold, you come to me.
- Arkham: Mary....
- Lady: Don't ever call me that again. Only my mother could ever say my name!
- Arkham: Mary... please... Wait, do you really want to shoot me? Can you shoot me? Your own father?
- Arkham: What have I done wrong!? Even the heroic Sparda sacrificed a woman so that he could become a legend! I wished to be a GOD! And I sacrificed one miserable human being for that reason, that is all... Is that really so awful? I have some unfinished business to take care of... Help me, Mary.
- Lady: Mary died a long time ago. My name is Lady. Goodbye, father.
- Arkham: NO-!
- (blam blam blam blam)
- Lady: (laughs, then cries) Here I thought I wasn't gonna cry...
- Vergil: Give that to me.
- Dante: No way, you got your own.
- Vergil: Well I want yours too.
- Dante: What are you gonna do with all that power, huh? No matter how hard you try, you're never gonna be like father!
- Vergil: You're wasting time!
- Dante: We are the sons of Sparda, and within each of us flows his blood, but more importantly, his SOUL! And now, my soul is saying that it wants to stop you!
- Vergil: (evil laugh) Unfortunately, our souls are at odds, brother. I need more power!
- Dante: And we're supposed to be twins...
- Vergil: Twins, right...
- Vergil: Am I... being defeated?
- Dante: Is that all you got? Come on! Get up! You can do better than that.
- Vergil: The portal to the human world is closing, Dante, because the amulets have been separated.
- Dante: Lets finish this, Vergil. I have to stop you, even if it means killing you.
- (They charge at each other with their swords for the final showdown, but Dante wins.)
- Vergil: No one can have this, Dante... it's mine, it belongs to a son of Sparda. Leave me and go, if you don't want to be trapped into the demon world... I'm staying. This place was our father's home.
- Dante: What an ordeal.
- Dante: you´re still here.
- Lady: I need that back.
- Dante: No late charges, I hope.
- Lady: Hmm, I'll think about it.
- Dante: We should be fine for now, but I'm sure they will be back soon... Very soon.
- Lady: Are you crying?
- Dante: It's only the rain.
- Lady: But the rain already stopped.
- Dante: Devils never cry.
- Lady: I see. Maybe somewhere out there even a devil may cry when he loses a loved one. Don't you think?
- Dante: Maybe.
- Lady: By the way... (Lady shoots a demon behind Dante's back) Looks like we're gonna be busy for a while.
- Dante: Well, bring it on! I love this! This is what I live for! (swings Ebony & Ivory) I'm absolutely crazy about it!!
- Lady: (narrating) What happened next? Nothing, really. We took care about all remaining devils and that was it. I still have a job to do that's far from done, which is to eliminate every last demon. I need ensure that monsters like my father never come about again. And he promised to help me hunt down the demons, even if he's part one himself. But now I realize that there are humans as evil as any devil as well as kind and compassionate demons in this universe. At least I've found one so-called "devil" who is able to shed tears for those he cares about. That's enough for me to believe in him.
- Dante: (kicks his chair to normal position and sits on it, crossing his legs on the desk) Now I can start my business.
- Lady: Oh, speaking of a kind devil, he finally decided on the name for his shop. It took him quite a while to pick one. Wanna know the name?
- L&D: "Devil May Cry."
- Vergil: It would be fun to fight with the Prince of Darkness. If my father did it, I should be able to do it too!