Dumbo is a 1941 American animated film produced by Walt Disney and released on October 23, 1941, by RKO Radio Pictures. The main character is Jumbo Jr., a semi-anthropomorphic elephant who is cruelly nicknamed Dumbo. He is ridiculed for his big ears, but in fact he is capable of flying by using his ears as wings. Throughout most of the film, his only true friend, aside from his mother, is the mouse, Timothy — a relationship parodying the stereotypical animosity between mice and elephants.
- [Whistling]: All aboard! Let's go!
- [Puffing up the hill] I think I can! I think I can! I think I can! I think I can! I think I can! I think I can! I think I can! I... Think... I.. Can. I... [Puffing down the hill] ...Thought I could! I thought I could! I thought I could! I thought I could! I thought I could! Whoo-hoo!
Timothy Q. Mouse
- Remember, you come of a proud race. Why, you're a... a pachyderm, and pachyderms don't cry.
- All we gotta do is build an act! Make ya a star! A headliner! Dumbo the great! [Fanfare plays as Dumbo hoists Timothy with his trunk.] Uh-oh. The great what? [Faltering fanfare as Dumbo lowers his trunk.]
- [The elephants are discussing Mrs. Jumbo going crazy on the Ringmaster and getting locked up]
- Prissy: [Sing-song voice] Well, personally, I think she's went a bit too far!
- [Five crows find Dumbo and Timothy asleep in a tree]
- Glasses Crow: Well, looky here! Looky here!
- Preacher Crow: My, my! Why, this is most irregular!
- Straw Hat Crow: [rubbing his eyes] Well, I just can't believe my eyes!
- Glasses Crow: They ain't dead, is they?
- Fat Crow: [smirks] No. Dead people don't snore... [looks unsure] Or do they?
- Jim "Dandy" Crow: What's all the ruckus? C'mon! Step aside, brother! Mmm... What's cookin' 'round here, boys?
- The Narrator: Through the snow and sleet and hail...through the blizzard, through the gale...through the wind and through the rain...over mountain, over plain...through the blinding lightning flash...and the mighty thunder crash...ever faithful, ever true...nothing stops him.He'll get through.
- Ringmaster: What's going on? [Mrs. Jumbo angry with straws down] Down! Mrs. Jumbo, down! Surround her! Tie her down! [Jumbo angrily trumpeting Dumbo crying] Get down! [Jumbo angrily trumpeting] Calm down! Tie her down! [Ringmaster shrieking and splashing out the water] Brrrrrrrr!
- Timothy Q. Mouse: [groaning exaustedly] Oooooooohhhhhh, those pink elephants...
- Jim Crow: Oh! Pink elephants! Mmmm-mm! [the crows laugh]
- Timothy Q. Mouse: What's so funny? What are you birds doin' down here, anyway?
- Jim Crow: What are we doin' DOWN here?! Well, hear him talk! [the crows laugh again]
- Timothy Q. Mouse: Fly up a tree where you belong.
- Jim Crow: Say, look here, Brother Rat--
- Timothy Q. Mouse: [jolts up in fury] BROTHER RAT?! Now listen! I ain't your brother and I ain't no rat! See?!
- Jim Crow: Uh-huh. And I suppose you and no elephant ain't up in no tree, either! [the crows laugh again]
- Matriarch Elephant: Out of my way, assassin!
- Glasses Crow: Did you ever see an elephant fly?
- Preacher Crow: Well, I've seen a horse fly...
- Fat Crow: Ah, I've seen a dragon fly...
- Straw Hat Crow: [giggling] I've seen a house fly!
- Jim "Dandy" Crow: I've seen all that, too! [Singing] I seen a peanut stand, and heard a rubber band! I seen a needle that winked its eye! But I be done seen about everything when I see a elephant fly!
- Timothy Q. Mouse: [as Dumbo falls off the platform after the feather falls off] Dumbo! C'mon, fly! Open them ears! The magic feather was just a gag! You can fly! Honest, you can! Hurry, open them up! PLEASE!
- [At the last moment, Dumbo opens his ears and soars over the crowd.]
- Timothy Q. Mouse: Whee! We did it! We did it!
- Walt Disney's Latest... Most Lovable... Funable Characters!
- The One... The Only... The FABULOUS...
- Dumbo is the mute title character
- Herman Bing - The Ringmaster
- Edward Brophy - Timothy Q. Mouse
- Margaret Wright - Casey Junior
- Sterling Holloway - Mr. Stork
- Cliff Edwards - Jim Crow