- People should be very free with sex, but they should draw the line at goats.
- 1976 interview with Rolling Stone magazine
- It's very important to have two tiaras when you're on the road, you never know when you'll be invited to something really formal.
- Elton John
- Welcome to the world of bullshit my dear. You have arrived.
- The internet has stopped people from going out and being with each other, creating stuff. Instead they sit at home and make their own records, which is sometimes OK but it doesn’t bode well for long-term artistic vision. It’s just a means to an end. We’re talking about things that are going to change the world and change the way people listen to music and that’s not going to happen with people blogging on the internet. I mean, get out there, communicate. Hopefully the next movement in music will tear down the internet. Let’s get out in the streets and march and protest instead of sitting at home and blogging. I do think it would be an incredible experiment to shut down the whole internet for five years and see what sort of art is produced over that span. There’s too much technology available. I’m sure, as far as music goes, it would be much more interesting than it is today.
- Elton John, blaming the internet for destroying good music 
- Sometimes when I'm flying over the Alps I think, 'that's like all the cocaine I sniffed. 
- Chefs aren't celebrities: they're chefs.
- Ridiculing the idea of "celebrity chefs"; quoted in the Evening Standard, Tue 1 May 2012, p.16
- And it seems to me you lived your life like a candle in the wind.
- Candle in the Wind
- Goodbye England's rose, may you never grow old in our hearts.
- Candle in the Wind, song tribute to Princess Diana
- I'm still standing, better than I ever did.
- I'm Still Standing
- Saturday Night's Alright for Fighting.
- Song title
- And you can tell everybody, this is your song.
- Your Song
- I'm a Rocket Man
- Rocket Man
- You're gonna hear electric music, solid walls of sound
- Bennie and the Jets
- Turn The Lights Out When You Leave
- Song title (Peachtree Road)
- He must have been a gardener that cared a lot
Who weeded out the tears and grew a good crop
But now it all looks strange, it's funny how one insect
Can damage so much grain.
- And we are so amazed, we're crippled and we're dazed
A gardener like that one, no one can replace.
And I've been knocking but no one answers
And I've been knocking most all the day
Oh, and I've been calling
Oh, "Hey, Hey, Johnny"
Can't you come out to play?
- "Empty Garden (Hey Hey Johnny)"
Elton John on other people
- There just aren't many people in the world with balls that big and talent that awesome.
- I cold still snort you under the table.
- To Lily Allen at 2008 GQ awards.
- You and your oven are capable of great things / Remember, no two ovens are the same.
- From the song Conventional Oven Thermostat