|This Businesspeople article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- Technology will move faster than governments, so don't legislate before you understand the consequences...
- Group calls for ban on spying technology sales, 25 May 2011
- If you have something that you don’t want anyone to know, maybe you shouldn’t be doing it in the first place.
- CNBC interview, 3 Dec 2009, quoted in Google CEO on Privacy, 18 Mar 2010
- I actually think most people don't want Google to answer their questions. They want Google to tell them what they should be doing next.
- Ultimately, in the Internet, openness has always won. I cannot imagine that the current competitive environment would reverse that.
- Google's Eric Schmidt Talks to Charlie Rose in Businessweek (23 September 2010)
- Ultimately, application vendors are driven by volume, and volume is favored by the open approach Google is taking. There are so many manufacturers working so hard to distribute Android phones globally that whether you like [Android 4.0] or not ... you will want to develop for that platform, and perhaps even first.
- Google's Schmidt: Android leads the iPhone in CNET (7 December 2011)
- Playing catch-up with the competition can only ever help you make incremental gains. It will never help you create something new.
- Eric Schmidt: 'Playing catch-up with the competition will never help you create something new' in MacDailyNews (28 August 2014)