Eric Ken Shinseki (エリック・シンセキ) (born November 28, 1942) is the 7th United States Secretary of Veterans Affairs. He was the 34th Chief of Staff of the United States Army, 1999–2003.
|This political figure or monarch article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- If you dislike change, you're going to dislike irrelevance even more.
- Quoted in Mackubin Thomas Owens, "Marines Turned Soldiers", National Review Online, December 10, 2001
- It has been very humbling and gratifying to have these men as our role models... Your generation enabled America to close out the twentieth century as the greatest nation in the history of mankind, the only remaining superpower, the world's leading economy and the world's most respected and feared military force in the world- respected by our friends and allies, feared by our adversaries.
- About the Medal of Honor awardees. Quoted in "Rising Sons" - Page 260 - by Bill Yenne - History - 2007
- You must love those you lead before you can be an effective leader. You can certainly command without that sense of commitment, but you cannot lead without it.
- Quoted in "Forever Young: Ten Gifts of Faith for the Graduate" - Page 156 - by Pat Williams, Karen Kingsbury - Religion - 2005
- I do not want to criticize while my soldiers are still bleeding and dying in Iraq.
Quotes about Shinseki
- General Keane is, as is General Shinseki, they're outstanding Army officers. There's just no question about it. And they say what they believe, and they tell the truth. And they're honorable people and talented people.
- Donald Rumsfeld, "Testimony by Secretary of Defense Donald H. Rumsfeld on Crusader Artillery System before Senate Armed Services Committee (transcript)". United States Department of Defense (May 16, 2002). Retrieved on 2007-01-13.