Escape from the Planet of the Apes is a 1971 film starring Roddy McDowall, Kim Hunter and Ricardo Montalban.
- My name is Cornelius. This is my wife, Zira.
- Where we come from, apes talk. Humans are dumb.
- Please, do not use the word "monkey"! It is offensive to us. As an archaeologist, I had access to history scrolls which were kept secret from the masses, and I suspect that the weapon which destroyed Earth was man's own invention! I do know this: one of the reasons for man's original downfall was your peculiar habit of murdering one another! Man destroys man. Apes do not destroy apes!
- (when asked if he can talk too) Only when she lets me!
- Of course the female knows! We came from your future.
- It wasn't our war. It was the gorillas' war.
- When we were in space, we saw a bright, white, blinding light. Then we saw the rim of the Earth melt. Then there was a tornado in the sky.
- We have returned to Earth nearly 2,000 years before its destruction. And there's another reason for us to keep silent: our human captors will not be edified to learn that one day their world will crack like an egg and burn to a cinder because of an ape war of aggression. Apes, at this instance in time, cannot yet talk. For the moment, we should follow their example.
- Now they've killed. And for that, they must be killed. It has to be done and done quickly! Before we start a stone growing, they'll gather enough poison moss to kill us all!!
- Mr. President, the people must be told that the killers of today could become the mass murderers of tomorrow!
- That's what I'm worried about. Later. Later, we'll do something about pollution. Later, we'll do something about the population explosion. Later, we'll do something about the nuclear war! We think we've got all the time in the world!! How much time has the world got?!! Somebody has to begin to care!
- Zira! I want that baby! If you won't give it to me, I'll shoot!
- Cornelius: Savages!! They are savages! Jabbing needles into my pregnant wife!
- Zira: I've done that, too, dear. And worse. Taylor thought we were savages at first.
- Cornelius: Did they make you tell them about Taylor, too?
- Zira: They made me tell them everything, Cornelius.