Eyes Wide Shut
Eyes Wide Shut is a 1999 film about a New York City doctor who pushes himself on a harrowing and dangerous night-long odyssey of sexual and moral discovery after his wife admits that she once almost cheated on him.
- Directed by Stanley Kubrick. Written by Stanley Kubrick and Frederic Raphael, based on the novella Traumnovelle (Dream Story) by Arthur Schnitzler.
Alice Harford 
- So, because I'm a beautiful woman, the only reason any man wants to talk to me is because he wants to fuck me baby? Is that what you're saying?
- Hmmm, tell me something, those two girls at the party last night. Did you, by any chance, happen to fuck them?
Victor Ziegler 
- Who do you think those people were? Those were not just some ordinary people. If I told you their names- I'm not going to tell you their names- but if I did, I don't think you'd sleep so well.
- You know what they say: Life goes on, until it doesn't.
- Sandor: Don't you think one of the charms of marriage is that it makes deception a necessity for both parties? May I ask why a beautiful woman who could have any man in this room wants to be married?
- Alice: Why wouldn't she?
- Sandor: Is it as bad as that?
- Alice: As good as that!
- Bill: You know what they say, once a doctor always a doctor.
- Nick: Yes, or in my case, never a doctor, never a doctor.
- Gayle: Do you know what's so nice about doctors?
- Bill: Usually a lot less than people imagine.
- Gayle: They always seem so knowledgeable.
- Bill: Oh, they are very knowledgeable about all sorts of things.
- Gayle: But I bet they work too hard. Just think of all they miss.
- Bill: You're probably right.
- Bill: Now, where exactly are we going... exactly?
- Gayle: Where the rainbow ends.
- Bill: Where the rainbow ends?
- Nuala: Don't you want to go where the rainbow ends?
- Bill: Well, now that depends where that is.
- Gayle: Well, let's find out.
- Cult Leader: [pleasantly] Please, come forward. May I have the password?
- Bill: Fidelio.
- Cult Leader: That's correct, sir! That is the password- for admittance. But may I ask, what is the password- for the house?
- Bill: The password for the house...
- Cult Leader: Yes?
- Bill: I'm sorry. I... seem to have... forgotten it.
- Cult Leader: That's unfortunate! Because here, it makes no difference whether you have forgotten it - or whether you never knew it. You will kindly remove your mask.
- [Bill removes mask. Cult leader continues in a pleasant tone]
- Cult Leader: Now, get undressed.
- Bill: [nervously] Get... undressed?
- Cult Leader: [sternly] Remove your clothes.
- Bill: Uh... gentlemen...
- Cult Leader: Remove your clothes. Or would you like us to do it for you?
- Victor: Bill, I... I know what happened to you last night. And I know what's been going on since. And I think you just might have the wrong idea about one or two things.
- Bill Harford: (tries to feign ignorance) I'm sorry Victor, but what in the hell are you talking about?
- Victor: Please, Bill, no games. I was there. At the house.
- Bill: The woman lying dead in the morgue was the woman at the party. Well, Victor, maybe I'm missing something here. You call it fake, a charade... Do you mind telling me what kind of fucking charade ends up with somebody turning up dead!?
- Victor: Okay, Bill, let's cut the bullshit, alright? You've been way out of your depth for the last 24 hours. You want to know what kind of charade? I'll tell you exactly what kind. That whole play-acted "take me" sacrifice that you've been jerking off with had nothing to do with her real death. Nothing happened after you left that hadn't happened to her before. She got her brains fucked out. Period.
- Bill: Look, women don't... they basically just don't think like that.
- Alice: Millions of years of evolution, right? Right? Men have to stick it in every place they can, but for women... women it is just about security and commitment and, ah, whatever the fuck else!
- Bill: A little oversimplified, Alice, but yes, something like that.
- Alice: If you men only knew...
- Bill: Are you sure of that?
- Alice: Am I sure? Only as sure as I am that the reality of one night, let alone that of a whole lifetime, can ever be the whole truth.
- Bill: And no dream is ever just a dream.
- Alice: I do love you and you know there is something very important we need to do as soon as possible.
- Bill: What's that?
- Alice: Fuck.
- Tom Cruise - Dr. William 'Bill' Harford
- Nicole Kidman - Alice Harford
- Madison Eginton - Helena Harford
- Jackie Sawiris - Roz
- Sydney Pollack - Victor Ziegler
- Leslie Lowe - Illona Ziegler
- Todd Field - Nick Nightingale
- Sky Dumont - Sandor Szavost
- Louise J. Taylor - Gayle
- Stewart Thorndike - Nuala
- Julienne Davis - Amanda 'Mandy' Curran
- Leelee Sobieski - Milich's Daughter
- Rade Serbedzija - Mr. Milich