Fenton Meiks 
- The dream had finally ended. It was all real. And I had to stop him. The obvious answer was to tell someone what he was planning. But I couldn't do that. I loved him even if he had gone crazy.
- Dad told us that there were moments when people could just disappear without anyone knowing where they went or why. He said those were the moments when God's Hands could take you. According to Dad, nothing, not even a camera, could catch us. We were invisible when we were God's Hands.
- Dad: Fenton, wake up.
- Fenton: Dad?
- Dad: I've got something to tell you.
- Fenton: What's wrong?
- Dad: It's okay. Adam, wake up and listen. I need you both to listen to me very carefully. Something's happened.
- Fenton: He said he'd had a vision that night. A vision from God. An angel came to him and told him the truth of this world and revealed God's special purpose for our family.
- Dad: The end of the world is coming. It's near. The angel showed me. There are demons among us. The devil has released them for the final battle. It's being fought right now. But nobody knows it except us and others like us.
- Adam: I'm scared, Dad.
- Dad: There's nothing to be afraid of. We've been chosen by God. He will protect us. He's given us special jobs to do. We don't fear these demons, we destroy them. We pick them up one by one, and we pitch them out of this world. That's God's purpose for us. The angel called us "God's Hands."
- Adam: So we're like superheroes?
- Dad: That's right. We're a family of superheroes that are gonna help save the world.
- Fenton: But, Dad, that doesn't make any sense.
- Dad: I know it sounds that way, son, but it's the truth.
- Adam: So what are our superpowers?
- Dad: Well...we can see the demons while other people can't. The angel told me God would send us 7 weapons to destroy them with.
- Adam: Magical weapons?
- Dad: I imagine so.
- Adam: When do we get them?
- Dad: I don't know. The angel just said soon. That's all I was told, except we're not supposed to tell anybody. Absolutely no-one. If we do, we put them and ourselves in danger. Fenton? Don't worry, it's okay. It's a lot to understand. I waited to tell you until I had a chance to figure it out myself. But the angel said I had to do it now. Fenton?
- Fenton: I didn't know what to say or how to feel.
- Dad: Do you understand what I told you? Judgment Day is here.
- Fenton: It was too messed up to understand or even acknowledge.
- Dad: Soon we'll all be in Heaven. You, me, Adam. With Mommy.
- Fenton: I didn't realize it at the moment, at least not consciously...
- Dad: She's waiting to see us in Heaven.
- Fenton: But my happy and mostly secure world had just been flipped over. And there were dark things there.
- Dad: Judgment Day is here.
- Fenton: Very dark things.
- Dad: We've been chosen by God.
- Fenton: And my little boy's mind just couldn't take it.
- Fenton: Dad, these are people's names!
- Dad: That's right. And they'll look like people too. But they're not. The angel said when I lay my hands on them I'll reveal them for what they truly are.
- Adam: Dad, look, I got a list too.
- Dad: Where did you get this, Adam?
- Adam: God gave it to me.
- Dad: Isn't Travis Shed that boy that was picking on you at school last week?
- Adam: He's a demon.
- Dad: Tell the truth, Adam. You made this list up yourself, didn't you?
- Adam: No, God did.
- Dad: Adam? Come on, right here. Now, listen to me, son. You can't make stuff like that up. We destroy demons. If we were to use your list, we'd be killing people. And we can never do that. Now, destroying demons is a good thing. Killing people is bad. You understand?
- Adam: I'm sorry, Dad.
- Dad: That's all right. It's okay. You just got to have a little patience. Don't worry. God will send you your own list when you're older.
- Dad: Don't cry for her, Fenton. She wasn't human. Didn't you see when I touched her?
- Adam: I saw it, Dad.
- Fenton: You killed her.
- Dad: I didn't kill her, son. I destroyed her. She was a demon. You know, I wasn't so sure I could do it myself. I mean, she looked like a woman to me too. But after I touched her, all I could see was the evil. And I had to do it. I'm sorry you didn't see it too. You will next time.
- Fenton: You... you're gonna do it again?
- Dad: This is our job now, son. You've got to accept that.
- Fenton: I won't let you.
- Dad: We are doing God's work here.
- Fenton: I'll tell.
- Dad: If you do, someone will die. The angel was clear on that. Do you understand? Answer me, Fenton. Do you understand?
- Dad: Do you see what you made me do? You made me commit murder...
- Fenton: I didn't make you do anything. You did! You're crazy!
- Dad: I never committed murder before.
- Fenton: I seen you murder lots of people.
- Dad: Those weren't people, son. They were demons.
- Fenton: No they weren't!
- Dad: That man is dead, and it's your fault. You killed him because you have no faith.
- Dad: Are you afraid?
- [Fenton nods]
- Dad: Of who?
- Fenton: You
- Dad: Only demons should fear me... and you're not a demon are you? The angel said you were. But I can't believe that. I won't. You're my son. And I love you more than my own life. You know what's funny about all this, Fenton? I'm afraid of you.
- Dad: Has God spoken to you yet?
- Fenton: [bitterly] There is no God.
- No Soul Is Safe
- Like Father, Like Sons/Sins
- Only demons should fear me.... and you're not a demon, are you?
- Only The Innocent Survive
- Bill Paxton - Dad Meiks
- Matthew McConaughey - Fenton Meiks
- Powers Boothe - FBI Agent Wesley Doyle
- Matt O'Leary - Young Fenton
- Jeremy Sumpter - Young Adam
- Luke Askew - Sheriff Smalls