G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra
G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra is a 2009 American live-action film adaptation of the long and diverse line of military themed action figures, cartoons and comic books, first appearing in the mid-1960s, and still being produced and published to this day.
- When all else fails, we don't.
- Knowing is half the battle.
- Deploy the SHARCs!
- (about the Baroness) She's gonna come after you. You know that, right? And with her Intel and toys, she'll find you.
- Okay, that was crazy. I didn't expect that.
- Try this on for size, boys.
- Would you look at that? Real American heroes.
- (about Scarlett) That redhead is really starting to piss me off!
- I've finally taken my place in the long line of McCullens.
- Take the warheads to the missiles. I want them ready to launch in one hour.
- (to the Doctor) When I'm finished, the money will take care of itself. You'll be able to do all the research you want.
- (about the Neo-Vipers) They feel no pain. Concepts of morality are disengaged. They feel no regrets. No remorse.
- If we sold one warhead on the black market, I could continue my research.
- The time has come for the Cobra to rise up and reveal himself. [dons a mask] You will call me... Commander!
Zartan: Hello, Mr. President. Mr. McCullen sends his regards.
Ripcord: (parachuting to the White House lawn) I think I'm about to get arrested, again.
Bastille Warden: We are not going to kill you, McCullen. We're going to make an example of you! So that no man, woman nor child may ever see your treacherous face again, you shall wear this mask for the term of your natural life.
- The Baroness: (smiles) Hello, Duke.
- Duke: (surprised) Anna?
- The Baroness: (kicks him) Now you have to admit, you had that coming.
- General Hawk: Looks like your mission is complete here, Duke.
- Duke: (about the Baroness) When you move then, she's gonna come after you. You know that, right? And with her Intel and toys, she'll find you.
- General Hawk: What's your point?
- Duke: You're going after her first and we want in.
- Ripcord: General, it was our team that got wasted out there. We deserve payback.
- General Hawk: You don't ask to be part of G.I. Joe. You get asked.
- Heavy Duty: Standing in front of you are Delta-6 Accelerator suits.
- Ripcord: What does it accelerate?
- Heavy Duty: You. It'll make you run faster, jump higher and hit harder than any of your enemies. Let's suit up.
- Zartan: American politics. Governors, senators, congressmen. No wonder nothing ever gets done.
- McCullen/Destro: That's what we're going to fix, Mr. Zartan.
- Breaker: Thousands of miles across and ten stories thick, locating McCullen's base will be like finding a needle in a coalmine.
- Ripcord: (correcting him) Haystack.
- Breaker: Oh, right - haystack in a coalmine.
- Destro: (handling the old iron mask) This belongs to an ancestor of mine. He was caught selling arms to both sides. The French forced him to wear it for the rest of his life. They called him Destro, destroyer of nations.
- Storm Shadow: So why do you keep it?
- Destro: So that I never forget the most important rule in dealing arms.
- The Baroness: Let me guess: never sell to both sides?
- Destro: Never get caught selling to both sides.
- Ripcord: Look, I think you and me got off on the wrong foot. See, I'm attracted to you. And you, you're attracted to me. And him, the damn Zen master, he creeps me out. What I'm trying to say is...
- Scarlett: We're attracted to each other.
- Ripcord: (surprised) Thank you!
- Scarlett: (cuts him off) That's what you're saying. It's not what I'm saying.
- Ripcord: It's not. So, what are you saying?
- Scarlett: Attraction is an emotion. Emotions are not based on science. And if you can't quantify or prove that something exists, well, then in my mind, it doesn't.
- Ripcord: Okay. I'll get back to you on that one.
- McCullen/Destro: I've finally taken my place in the long lien of McCullens.
- The Doctor: (after injecting him) James McCullen is no more. Now you are Destro.
- McCullen/Destro: (shocked) What have you done to me?
- The Doctor: The time has come for the cobra to rise up and reveal himself. You will call me Commander.
- Duke: This is Captain Duke Hauser, prepare to be boarded.
- Viper Guard: Sir.
- Cobra Commander: You are relentless, Duke, I'll give you that much. And what's to stop me from blowing you out of the water?
- Duke: Self preservation. I'm taking you in, Rex.
- Cobra Commander: (laughing evilly) You and what army?
- Duke: My army.
- (camera pans back to reveal Duke and a lot of reinforcements)
- The Doctor: Are you ready, Mr. Zartan?
- Zartan: Oh I'm ready, doctor. This is going to be the achievement of a lifetime.
- The Doctor: Yes, as a master of disguise you have no equal, my friend.
- Zartan: (confident) Eighteen months of studying my target, learning mannerisms but the devil is in the details.
- McCullen/Destro: (interrupts) Gentlemen, let's get it going.
- Zartan: One more thing, I'll control my own brain, thank you very much... Let's do this.
- Ripcord: Hey. You all right?
- Scarlett: (pained) I'm fine. I didn't want anyone to see me like this.
- Ripcord: Why?
- Scarlett: I don't know. All the men we lost, General Hawk wounded, my neck just doesn't seem that important.
- Ripcord: You almost lost your life out there. You have a reason to be concerned.
- Scarlett: First fight I lost since I was a kid. My father taught me to win.
- Ripcord: Look, I don't see how you can teach anybody to win everything every time. I mean, look at you. You're still here, right? You get knocked down, you get back up. Maybe that's what he wanted you to learn. But then again, that would be an emotional response, one that can't be explained or quantified.
- Dennis Quaid - General Hawk
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt - The Doctor/Rex Lewis/Cobra Commander
- Christopher Eccleston - James McCullen/Destro
- Channing Tatum - Captain Duke Hauser
- Marlon Wayans - Ripcord
- Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje - Heavy Duty
- Arnold Vosloo - Zartan
- Kevin J. O'Connor - Doctor Mindbender
- Sienna Miller - Anastasia 'Ana' DeCobray/Baroness
- Rachel Nichols - Shana 'Scarlett' O'Hara
- Saïd Taghmaoui - Breaker
- Byung-hun Lee - Storm Shadow
- Ray Park - Snake Eyes
- Courtney A. Kreiger - Cover Girl
- Jonathan Pryce - U.S. President
- Grégory Fitoussi - Baron de Cobray
- Peter Breitmayer - Dr. Hundtkinder
- Gerald Okamura - Hard Master
- Brendan Fraser - Sergeant Stone
- Evil never looked so good
- When all ease fails, they don't