Georgia Rule is a 2007 comedy-drama film about a rebellious teenager sent to live with her strict grandmother.
In this family, attitude doesn't skip a generation.taglines
- Directed by Garry Marshall. Written by Mark Andrus.
- Georgia Rule.
- For a smart girl, you're good at stupid.
- Life is a whole less surprising when its all planed out.
- She gave me oral sex… But we didn't kiss!
Okay, see, I tried to be nice, but let me put this a different way because you're not really getting it right now. If you call me a name, if you throw something at me- ever again!- if I see you talking to Harlan, yelling at Harlan, having anything AT ALL to do with Harlan, I will find all of your boyfriends and I will fuck them stupid. Okay? Get it? Thanks guys. [as she's walking away] Thanks for your time. Have a good summer!
- Simon: Hey.
- Rachel: Is for horses, better for cows, Pigs don't eat it cause they don't know how. What's your name?
- Simon: Simon.
- Rachel: Hmm.
- Simon: I wasn't really going anywhere.
- Rachel: That's where I'm going.
- Simon: Where?
- Rachel: Anywhere.
- Simon: Well, I was going there alone.
- Rachel: Well, now you're not. Consider yourself lucky.
- Simon: I would if you weren't here.
- Rachel: Hmm. Consider yourself stuck.
- Simon: (starts car) I don't like to talk.
- Rachel: Perfect. I don't like to listen
- Simon: Would you put your legs back in my car?
- Rachel: Oh? Changing the rules?
- Simon: No, no, There were no rules- other than no parts of your body outside my car.
- Rachel: Well, then can I talk to you?
- Simon: Put your legs down.
- Rachel: You didn't say Simon Says- Simon.
- Simon: I'm only going as far as Hull.
- Rachel: Hull, Idaho? That's where I'm staying.
- Simon: My luck. Now do you need to call someone or are you a surprise?
- Rachel: I would but My mother cut my phone service. She's a gem. [throws her cell phone out of the car]
- Simon: Well, this is home.
- Rachel: Just drop me in town. Nice to know you, Simon.
- Simon: You don't know me kid.
- Rachel: Oh, I know you.
- Simon: You do?
- Rachel: I had my dress hiked, and my legs up, and you didn't look once. Not even for a second.
- Simon: So, now you know me.
- Rachel: No marriage ring. What are you, thirty, forty? You're gay.
- Simon: Alright get out.
- Rachel: I already asked you to let me out.
- Simon: Now I'm tellin' ya.
- Rachel:What are you talking about? You can't tell me what I've already asked.
- Simon:Get out, just get out.
- Rachel: (gets out of the car) I want my panties when you're done with them.
- Lilly: Come on mother there was a time when you would pull me out by my hair for drinking.
- Georgia: I'm to old for that and so is your hair.
- Lilly: (to self.)[laughs]That was good.
- In this family, attitude doesn't skip a generation.
- Some families buckle under pressure...others bloom.
- Sometimes you have to lose your way to find your family.