- See also: Get Carter (2000 film)
Get Carter is a 1971 British crime film starring Michael Caine as Jack Carter, a gangster who sets out to avenge the death of his brother.
What happens when a professional killer violates the code? Get Carter!
- Written by Ted Lewis (novel) and Mike Hodges (screenplay). Directed by Mike Hodges.
Jack Carter 
- A pint of bitter [snaps fingers as barman walks away] in a thin glass.
- [To Brumby] You're a big man, but you're in bad shape. With me it's a full time job. Now behave yourself.
- [To Margaret] Listen, the only reason I came back to this crap house is to find out who did it. And I'm not leaving till I do.
- [To Eric] You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow.
- I'm going to sit in the car and whistle Rule Britannia.
Cyril Kinnear 
- You don't give a man like Jack a drink in those piddly little glasses. Give him the bloody bottle.
- Carter: You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. They're still the same. Pissholes in the snow.
- Eric: Still got your sense of humour
- Carter: Yes, I retained that, Eric.
- Eric: So, what're you doing then? On your holidays?
- Carter: No, I'm visiting relatives.
- Eric: Oh, that's nice.
- Carter: It would be... if they were still living.
External links