Thomas Hale Boggs, Sr. (February 15, 1914 - Undetermined; presumably October 16, 1972) was an American Democratic politician and a member of the United States House of Representatives for Louisiana. He was the House Majority Leader.
|This political figure or monarch article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- Over the postwar years, we have granted to the elite and secret police within our system vast new powers over the lives and liberties of the people. At the request of the trusted and respected heads of those forces, and their appeal to the necessities of national security, we have exempted those grants of power from due accounting and strict surveillance.
- Speech before Congress (April 22, 1971)
- [FBI Director J. Edgar] Hoover lied his eyes out to the [Warren] Commission – on Oswald, on Ruby, on their friends, the bullets, the gun, you name it.
- Speaking to an aide, quoted by Bernard Fensterwald, Coincidence or Conspiracy?
- I wish I could stand here as a man who loves his state, born and reared in the South, who has spent every year of his life in Louisiana since he was 5 years old, and say there has not been discrimination. But, unfortunately, it is not so.