|This article on an author is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
|This political figure or monarch article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- To be a good diarist, one must have a little snouty, sneaky mind.
- Diary, 9 Nov 1947
- For seventeen years, he did nothing at all but kill animals and stick in stamps.
- Of King George V; Diary, 17 Aug 1949
- Clemenceau, Lloyd George and President Wilson... It is appalling that these ignorant and irresponsible men should be cutting Asia Minor to bits as if they were dividing a cake...
- Paris Peace Conference, Spring, 1919