Heaven Can Wait (1978 film)
Heaven Can Wait is a 1978 American comedy film starring Warren Beatty as an American football player who, after being killed in an collision accident, is sent back to earth in the body of a millionaire. The film is a remake of the 1941 film, Here Comes Mr. Jordan, and should not be confused with the 1943 film of the same name.
- Directed by Warren Beatty and Buck Henry. Written by Beatty, Elaine May, and an uncredited Robert Towne, from the original stage play Heaven Can Wait by Harry Segall
Mr. Jordan 
- He's been drugged by those two downstairs. This is a murder. See how he's slowly sliding into the water?
- The likelihood of one individual being right increases in direct proportion to the intensity with which others are trying to prove him wrong.
- I'm not supposed to be here.
- I'm not really Leo Farnsworth.
- We don't care how much it costs, just how much it makes. If it costs too much, we charge a penny more. Would you pay more to save a fish who thinks?
- Julia: You locked me in a closet!
- Max: (whilst training Pendleton in the spacious mansion grounds) This isn't going to work. You're playing football with a bunch of butlers!
- Former owner: He got my team. The son of a bitch got my team.
- Advisor: What kind of pressure did he use, Milt?
- Former owner: What I asked for was sixty-seven million, and he said "okay."
- Advisor: Ruthless bastard.
- Tony: (after ushering the shrieking Mrs. Julia Farnsworth out of her husband's office and, from the doorway) Sorry to disturb you, Mr. Farnsworth. Mrs. Farnsworth saw a mouse.
- Betty: She just saw a mouse?
- Tony: No, before. Outside, but she relives it.
- Max: You be the trainer and I'll start on Sunday.
- Joe: I'm starting against Dallas? What about Jarrett?
- Max: They don't want to go with Jarrett. They want to go with you. Happy Birthday, Joe!
- Joe: She love me, Mr. Jordan!
- Mr. Jordan: Joe, you must abide by what is written.
- Joe: Do I... play Polo?
- Sisk: Not really, sir.
- Bentley: (on the landing of the elegant stairway, near the closet where Mr. Farnsworth and Joe Pendleton meet with Mr. Jordan, invisible to everyone but himself) I noticed there are two cups.
- Everett: Well, Sisk felt that since Mr. Farnsworth was pretending to talk to someone, he might want to pretend to give him cocoa, too.
- Newspaperman: Mr. Farnsworth, isn't it true an accident in your west coast nuclear plant could stimulate seismic activity in the San Andreas fault, which could destroy most of Southern California?
- Tony: I think you'd have to define "destroy".