High School Musical
High School Musical is a Disney movie that tells the story of some high school students - Troy, Gabriella, Sharpay, Ryan, Chad, Taylor - as they audition for, and react to their friends auditioning for, their school's Spring musical.
- Directed and choreographed by Kenny Ortega
- DJ: [after forcing Troy and Gabriella on stage] You know, someday, someday you might thank me for this.
- Troy: [after Gabriella makes a three point shot on the first try] Whoa! Don't tell me you're good at hoops too?
- Gabriella: You know, I once scored forty-one points on the league championship game.
- Troy: No way.
- Gabriella: [sarcastic] Mmm hmm, and on the same day I invented the space shuttle and microwave popcorn.
- Chad: Have you ever seen Michael Crawford on a cereal box?
- Troy: Who's Michael Crawford?
- Chad: Exactly my point! He was the Phantom of the Opera on Broadway. Now my mom, she's seen that musical twenty-seven times. And she put Michael Crawford's picture in our refrigerator. Yeah, not on it, in it. So my point is, if you play basketball, you're gonna end up on a cereal box. If you sing in musicals, you're gonna end up in my mom's refrigerator.
- Troy: Why would she put his picture in her refrigerator?
- Chad: I don't know, one of her crazy diet ideas. Look, I don't attempt to understand the female mind Troy! [Ms. Falstaff peers around the corner] It's foreign territory.
- Chad: Yeah, and Zeke? Zeke is baking. Crème brûlée.
- Troy: Oh, what's that?
- Zeke: Oh, it's a creamy custard-like filling with a carmelized surface. It's really satisfying.
- Chad: Shut up, Zeke!
- Sharpay: How dare she (Gabriella) sign up? I've already picked out the colors for my dressing room!
- Ryan: And, she hasn't even asked our permission to join the drama club.
- Sharpay: Someone's got to tell her the rules.
- Ryan: Exactly. [beat] And what are the rules?
- Mrs. Bolton: Troy, they've got a kid's party downstairs.
- Troy: (Whines) Kid's party?
- Mrs. Bolton: (Sighs) Young Adult's.
- Sharpay: Evaporate, tall person!
- Sharpay: I would rather stick pins in my eyes.
- Zeke: (confused) But wouldn't that hurt?
- Zac Efron — Troy Bolton
- Vanessa Anne Hudgens — Gabriella Montez
- Ashley Tisdale — Sharpay Evans
- Corbin Bleu — Chad Danforth
- Lucas Grabeel — Ryan Evans
- Monique Coleman — Taylor McKessie
- Olesya Rulin — Kelsi Nielson
- Alyson Reed — Ms. Darbus
- Bart Johnson — Coach Bolton
- W:CJ beck — Adam Grainger