|This People article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- I believe the term ‘serial killer’ is highly misleading, in that it implicitly suggests to the general public that murder is the paramount object or motivating urge in the mind of the killer ... They naturally attribute this motivation partly because they value human life above all else, and partly because, as their endless fascination with the subject suggests, they have a vague conception of murder as being somehow mystical, highly dramatic, or even a nebulously romantic experience, replete with unimaginable connotations of eroticism. And guilt for it must be paid for in full.
- As quoted by Anthony Metvier (2009)The Gates of Janus: Serial Killing and its Analysis by Ian Brady, Feral House, 2001, Internet Journal of Criminology
Article, Evening Standard, Tue 25 June 2013, pp.1-4
- It's the theatricality, Wuthering Heights, Hound of the Baskervilles.
- Pouring scorn on people's obsession with his crimes
- I can't stand feeble, robotic psychiatrists. They give you false drugs and turn you into a zombie.
- You're just a package. You're in a cage and people poke you with a stick.
- In a captive environment, paranoia is unavoidable. Only the prison authorities call it paranoia; prisoners call it sensible precautions.
- Most prisoners are perfectly mentally healthy compared with the paranoia of prison officials.