Infamous is a sandbox-style video game for the PlayStation 3 video game console, created by Sucker Punch Productions and published by Sony Computer Entertainment.
- (Just after the explosion) While sliding into unconsciousness, I could somehow, I don’t know…hear the voices of the dying. Thousands crushed by falling buildings, or burned alive in the fires. Trish lost her sister. Almost lost me. Zeke was always there, somehow sure that I’d wake up. While outside, the city fell apart. A plague struck. Followed by rioting. Theft. Rapes. Civilization committing suicide. In a bullshit attempt to contain the biological threat, the federal government locked down all access in and out of the city. Now we’re stuck in this cage with the psychos. Cops are all but gone off the streets. Either dead or too chickenshit to stand against the gangs that control things now. Outside, things were bad…but inside – inside me – something was beginning. Scary as hell at first. Gotta understand there was no one to talk to, no experts to consult. But with time, I’m learning to control it. Master it. Just hope it’s not to late…
- He leapt toward me. His icy fingers digging into my head. For a moment, there was nothing. Then, he started to show me things. Horrible things. Beyond descripton. Then at once, I understood. He was showing me the future. Death and destruction on an unimaginable scale. As he released me, I knew he was responsible for all of it. That he had opened Pandora's Box, and it wasn't ever gonna close, and that the damn Ray Sphere was somehow involved. And then he was gone... (Referring to Kessler)
- I saw Kessler's nemesis, a beast intent on extinguishing all life. (Referring to The Beast)
- (After a mission revolving around a runaway train) The crowd was surprised to see the “terrorist” roll up and free their loved ones. Hypocrites. Yesterday they wanted my head on a platter, now they act like I’m one of the family. Truth be told, it was nice, even for that short time. To be treated like a hero. Felt good. I scanned the crowd for John as people started to leave the station…he was nowhere to be seen. (A good karma cutscene)
- (After you defeat Kessler) I looked down at Kessler, reveling in my victory. And then I heard him whisper: “Trish, I love you. Please forgive me.” Then he was on me, fingers digging into my face. As Kessler’s secrets played out in my head, I finally began to understand. I saw his nemesis, a beast intent on extinguishing all life. In those early days, Kessler could’ve used his powers to stop it…but instead he fled with his family, leaving others to fend for themselves. Hunted for years, Kessler and his family watched as the rest of the world went to hell…and then it was too late, too late to fight, too late to save anyone. In that moment of failure and grief, he used his newest and most dangerous power…he went on a one way trip back in time, attempting to rewrite history…Kessler seized control of the First Sons and accelerated the Ray Sphere's development. Decades spent plotting the blast, organizing the quarantine, finding me. Yet the thing that drove him forward, Kessler’s sole link to the past, was a picture from his wedding day…when he married Trish, with Zeke as his best man. My brain lurched, unable to accept that Kessler and I were the same person…that he’d come back in time to mold me into the savior he failed to be. Going so far as to kill the woman he loved, I loved, so that I wouldn’t be tied down by emotions. No, Kessler wanted me strong, ruthless…so that when I faced the beast I’d be capable of making impossible decisions…all for the common good. And then Kessler fell back, dead. His final message, my final message, burned into my brain. I took one last look down at myself, my future self, and turn away, the rage curdling inside. I hate everything about Kessler. But when the time comes, I will be ready.
- Move or die. Your choice.
- (Good/Hero ending) I thought this would be the end. That once Kessler and the Ray Sphere were gone, my life would go back to normal. But now I understand that this is my life. There’s no going back. That the gift of these powers would be my burden till the day I die. The people around here…love me. How long will that last. It’s going to happen the first time they expect me to be there for them and I’m not. I don’t even know who to trust. Moya’s still running around, planning God knows what. Zeke... I don’t know what to think... I’ve never been more alone...
- (Bad/Infamous ending) Because of me, Empire City is a wasteland. I’ve taken this place down notch by notch, and it’s never getting up again. Kessler thought he was preparing me to face some beast, that I’d be using my powers for the greater good. What an idiot. These powers are only good for one thing, letting me take what I want, when I want. In a place with no law, the strong take what they want, and the weak are their slaves, their playthings. And no one is stronger than me...
- I know what Trish means to you, Cole. How much you love her. But we all have our part to play, even her.
- (Kessler’s attempt to anger Cole) Your mother is ashamed of you. She lies, tells people you’re a teacher. No one respects a bike messenger.
- (Kessler’s attempt to anger Cole) Your old man carried a picture of Trish in his wallet, telling people she was the daughter he never had. Did you know that? He couldn’t wait for you to marry her.
- Hey Cole, you know what I miss? Pizza. A big sloppy slice drippin' with grease and pepperoni. And payday. Havin' a big fat wad of bills in your pocket.
- Those idiots dropped us canned prunes. Now who the hell’d want to eat this crap?
- (About the Ray Sphere) You know, I had that thing in my hands once. Kessler asked me to hold it while he adjusted some cables during a test. I could feel it pulsing, like something was inside it, trying to get out. It’s not right.
- It's choice - not chance - that determines your destiny - Jean Nidetch
- People do not lack strength; they lack will - Victor Hugo
- May you live your life as if the maxim of your actions were to become a universal law - Immanuel Kant
- All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke
- The superior man is modest in his speech, but superior in his actions - Confucius
- First say to yourself what you would be; then do what you have to do - Epictetus
- Think like a man of action; act like a man of thought - Henri Bergson
- A hero is no braver than an ordinary man, but he is braver five minutes longer - Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Science may have found a cure for most evils but it has found no remedy for the worst of them all - the apathy of human beings - Helen Keller
- Any man can handle adversity. If you truly want to test a man's character, give him power. Abraham Lincoln
- Don't pray for easy lives, but to be stronger men. John F. Kennedy
- Every man is guilty of the good he did not do. - Voltaire
- Great and Good are seldom the same man. - Winston Churchill
- To become truly great, one has to stand with people, not above them. - Charles de Montesquieu
- There has to be evil so that good can prove its purity above it. - Buddha
- Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are sealed with scars. - Kahlil Gibran
- Be the change you want to see in the world. - Mahatma Gandhi
- If there's something wrong, those who have the ability to take action have the responsibility to take action. - Thomas Jefferson
- If there is something to pardon in everything, there is also something to condemn. - Nietzsche
- Atlas was permitted the opinion that he was at liberty, if he wished, to drop the Earth and creep away; but this opinion was all that he was permitted. - Franz Kafka
- Thy friend has a friend, and thy friend's friend has a friend; be discreet - Talmud
Zeke: One of my boys thinks she's working with DARPA.
Cole: You have boys?
Zeke: Look, I'm being serious man, now DARPA is the mother-load of black-ops crap. If she's in with those clowns, you better watch out, son.
Cole: Yeah, yeah, yeah, and Santa Claus shot J.F.K.
Cole: Told you they’d drop food.
Zeke: Man, you must be outta your mind. You think any of those pencil-necks gives a crap about us? This is a PR stunt.
Cole: That isn’t going to stop you from pigging out, though, is it?
Zeke: Hell no it ain’t. Zeke’s gotta eat!
Zeke: Hey Cole, before we head over to Archer, I need to go pick up a new six shooter.
Cole: Here we go…
Zeke: Nah, that was bad-ass. The second you touched it, the electricity in your hands cooks off the gun powder and the whole thing goes KA-BAM! The look on your face was priceless.
Cole: Damn near blew my hand off.
Zeke: Which is why you won’t be touching the new one. Traded this guy one of my home-made batteries for it.
Cole: The ones that explode when you use ‘em?
Zeke: Hell, he doesn’t know that. C’mon, told me he was going to leave the gun in a parking lot a few blocks from here.
Zeke: Hey Cole, you know what I miss? Pizza. A big sloppy slice drippin' with grease and pepperoni. And payday. Havin' a big fat wad of bills in your pocket.
Cole: I’d settle for some hot water.
Zeke: Hey, remember that time we were comin’ home from Duffy’s and I had to take a leak? And that bike cop was yelling at me to put up my hands?
Cole: You pissed all over him.
Zeke: He told me to put up my hands! While he’s fumblin’ around, I jump back in and we take off. Awesome!
Cole: Yeah, awesome. Until we run into a wall of cops.
Zeke: Like I said, awesome! Bummer we won’t be able to do anything like that again.
Cole: Not unless some genius invents a car that doesn’t explode when I sit in it.
- (Opening scene) Dropped out of college and got a job as a bike courier. Mostly just to piss off my parents. I was somebody you'd never notice. Just a guy delivering packages to folks you'd never know. Then one day.... a package found me. Thousands died. Five square blocks, smashed into rubble. And at the center.... was me. Alive. But changed. But no one could have seen what was coming. Back then Empire City was in quarantine. It had gone to hell. Other people with powers started showing up and it was my job to sort through it all. Find out who had given me that package, and why. Hell, even my best friend turned his back on me and tried to get powers of his own. But in the end I found the man responsible: Kessler. He explained everything through a vision of the future: A Beast is coming. A monster only I can defeat, provided that I am strong, and ready to face him. A month later, I met Lucy Kuo. She somehow knew all about the Beast. In fact, she had come to help me prepare. Claimed she knew a friend, Dr. Wolfe, who had worked on the Ray Sphere prototype and could amplify my powers. All I had to do was go with her down to New Marais. I need those powers. The Beast is coming. And I will be ready.
- The Beast had drained me, broken my powers. Felt like the end. Almost wish it was. The Beast had just put itself back together, and now Empire City.... is dead.
- I don't know if you've ever let someone down, got your ass kicked, or straight-up failed, but those are the moments that define us. They push you further than you've ever thought possible and force you to make choices. No matter what the cost.
- See, that's where you're wrong, Bertrand. Conduits aren't monsters. No, see, powers don't kill people, oh no. It's the person behind the powers that kill people.
- Good Ending
- We all held our breath and watched, as one by one of them monsters started to drop. Yeah, that RFI worked all right. News said folks over-seas were keeling over. Poor bastards must'a been conduits and didn't even know it. But it was worth it. Cause... for the thousands that died, millions were gonna live. The Plague? Man, it was just gone. I could already hear people startin' to party, just celebratin' bein' alive. I was afraid my friend would go down as an unsung hero. But, here in New Marais, they knew what he had done. Who woulda thought that the "Demon of Empire City", would become The Patron Saint of New Marais? I wanted to say goodbye to him alone. He had been my best friend and, now he was gone. Sometimes, I hear folks talkin' 'bout Conduits and humans like they're totally different. That's bullshit. Cause there ain't nobody with more humanity than Cole MacGrath. I love you, brother. And I'm sure gonna miss ya. [Lightning strikes]
(Final words before the activation of the RFI) Do it... Do it. (To Cole)
Joseph Bertrand III
(After he detects Cole spying on him) Cole.. you bast... (Monster breathing)
(To Cole, after he captures him in his trap) How to you like my new security system? Nothing special. But it'll stop your lightning. Now, bullets? Well, that's another matter.
Humanity is dead. Help me save what i can.
(After Zeke cuts the power) Relax. My powers will amplify yours. (To Cole)
Random tourist: Found something on the wall. Maybe it's nothing, but you can't be too sure in this town (referring to the blast shard bombs)
(while fighting Bertrand for the second time)
Laroche: Ha ha, I love it! Bertrand's trashing the Gas Works. All his money's tied up in this ugly place.
Cole: Ah, he won't need it. Not after today.
(while passing through the militia blockade)
Kuo: Expect more resistance. The Militia controls everything going in or out of New Marais.
Cole: Man, how could they let a bunch of red-neck fascists take over their city?
Kuo: People do strange things when they're afraid.
Kuo: (Coughing, crying)
Cole: It's okay.
Kuo: It's not okay. You made the right choice. Hell, Nix even made the right choice.. I was.. i'am scared.
Cole: I am too.
Kuo: Do it... Do it.
(Final mission. Evil/Infamous)
Kuo: Can you believe this? Rebels and Militia fighting side by side.
Cole: They know they're about to die. What's their rivalry compared to what we're about to do to 'em?
(Final mission. Evil/Infamous)
Cole: Half as long..
Zeke: Twice as bright... I gotta try.
Cole: I know.
(on Cole's way to the last substation)
Militia guard #1: Look, there's the Demon.
Militia guard #2: Go get 'em, Electric Man!
- Reggie Rowe: Do you know how embarrassing it is for me to keep arresting my own brother, over and over and over again?
- Delsin Rowe: Maybe you should stop arresting your brother, over and over and over again -
- Reggie: You think this is a joke?!
- Delsin: No, I don't think it's a joke -
- Reggie: Is this how you wanna leave your mark on the world, huh? You think this would make our parents proud? "Misdemeanor vandalism"?
- Delsin: Reggie— [stops]
- Reggie: [rounding on him] What?!
- Delsin: [points to an incoming—] Truck.
- Henry "Hank" Daughtry: [when Delsin busts through the door to reach him and Betty] I was jus' tryin' to create a diversion; I didn' know anybody was in here—
- Delsin: [holds up his hand to show Hank his new power; angry] You did this to me!
- Hank: [shocked] You're a Conduit?!
- Delsin: [to Betty, who is also shocked] Betty—I'll explain later, but you gotta get out of here, now.
- Hank: Good, I'm gone. [runs]
- Delsin: Not until you fix this first!
- Delsin: [coming across x-ray images of people with shards of concrete buried into them] How could anyone do this? How many people did she hurt? ...And no one could stop her?
- Reggie: "Recovery"? Hey Delsin, these people aren't gettin' any better. They're dyin', man.
- Delsin: You don't know that.
- Reggie: No, but the doctors who came through here while you were out—they do. And they said that... They said the only way those shards are coming out is the exact same way they went in.
- Delsin: Reggie. I did this...and I gotta fix it.
- Reggie: You do realize when we "hit the town", there's a fair chance the town's gonna...you know...hit back?
- Reggie: [after Delsin shows him that he crossed the bridge as it was being destroyed] Wow. You seem to be getting a hang of your new, uh..."symptoms"...?
- Delsin: Right? 'Course, the only downside being that, um... Nope. Can't think of anything. This is pretty freakin' awesome!
- Delsin: Video Angels. I shoulda seen that coming.
- Reggie: Delsin, Delsin - look at me. You gotta let me go.
- Delsin: No, I can do this! I can do this, I can do this!
- Reggie: Listen, we can't let this stuff get to you, too! ...Damn it, I am so proud of you.
- Delsin: No.
- Reggie: Always have been.
- Delsin: No. Reggie, don't -
- Reggie: I love you, bro. [lets go]
- Delsin: NOOOOOOOOOO!