Internal Affairs (film)
Directed by Mike Figgis, the film stars Richard Gere as Dennis Peck, a suave womanizer, clever manipulator, and crooked cop who uses his fellow officers as pawns for his own nefarious purposes while showing a tender size as a devoted father. Andy García plays Raymond Avila, the Internal Affairs agent who becomes obsessed with catching Peck when he suspects that Peck is not the poster boy police officer that the precinct has made him out to be.
[Peck and Avila are discussing Avila's wife, Kathleen]
- Dennis: She's very pretty too. A little skinny for my taste, but they say the skinny ones give good head so...
[Raymond knocks him to the ground]
- Dennis: Okay, here's what's going to happen. I'm going to fuck her for a while and teach her how to come.
- Raymond: Get up!
- Dennis: Then that way, she can show you what she likes!
[Raymond decks Dennis again]
- Dennis: They said you're a pretty good boxer, Raymond. You're pretty fucking good.
- Dennis: Not bad!
- Raymond: [throws a handkerchief at Peck] Clean yourself up!
- Dennis: Give my best to Kathleen!
- Amy: What Oats said about your fellow officers respecting and honoring you is, as you probably know, complete crap. Most of the cops hate our guts. To the extent that they credit us with having any. They think we're climbers who went into I.A.D. for the promotions, which is true, not that we necessarily get them. So, they're polite because they're afraid of us. That's all.
- Amy: [talking about Dennis Peck] You're fucking him, aren't you?
- Penny: Get out of my house.
- Raymond: I hope you got off, Pen.
- Penny: GET OUT OF MY HOUSE!
- Amy: You know all your friends from the force? You don't have them anymore.
- Dennis: [after decking Raymond in an elevator] Hi, Raymond!
[referring to Raymond's wife]
- Dennis: You know what she really wanted? You know? Yeah, I should have guessed. She liked it in the ass, Raymond. That's right. Right in the fucking ass! Drove her crazy. She came so much, for a second I thought she was going to pass out on me.
[decks Raymond again]
- Dennis: You know what they say about Latin fighters, Raymond? You know what they say? Too fucking MACHO! That's right. TOO FUCKING MACHO! They don't backpedal when they have to. So they're used up. Young.
[dangles a pair of panties in front of Raymond, then gives them to him]
- Dennis: Yeah, why don't you clean yourself up with that. That's right. Clean yourself up.
- Raymond: [Raymond has caught Dennis in his home] Get off my bed!
- Dennis: [about shooting Amy Wallace] Sorry about the dyke, Raymond. Cute little ass.
[Raymond decks him]
- Dennis: [spitting blood] You're so fucking easy, Raymond. Like a big baby with buttons all over. I push the buttons.
[draws a knife]
- Raymond: Put the knife down!
[Dennis doesn't, so Raymond shoots him]
- Dennis: [to Kathleen] You think he was aiming for my leg? That's pretty good. You're pretty good there, Raymond.
- Raymond: I'm taking you in.
- Dennis: Fuck you! You're so correct. You don't feel
[attempts to get up]
- Dennis: because YOU do not have CHILDREN!
- Dennis: Everything changes when you have children. You don't think about yourself anymore. You think about nothing but them. You'd go around the world for them, you SELFISH YUPPIE!
[runs for Raymond with the knife, Raymond shoots Dennis twice, killing him]
[Steven has just walked in on Peck having sex with his wife, Tovah]
- Steven: [to Tovah] I could kill you.
- Dennis: Go ahead.
[throws him a gun]
- Dennis: Kill her. Come on, Steven. Be a man! Kill her. She paid me to kill you. She did.
[whispers in his ear]
- Dennis: Go on, shoot her. She's a tramp. She's a "big" tramp. Your parents are dead, and you've got a tramp for a wife. She fucks everybody.
- Dennis: Steven, that was my foot.