Iron Man 3
Iron Man 3 is a 2013 American superhero film featuring the Marvel Comics character Iron Man, produced by Kevin Feige of Marvel Studios and distributed by Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures. It is the sequel to Iron Man and Iron Man 2, and the seventh installment in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, being the first major release in the franchise since the crossover film The Avengers, and the third installment in the Iron Man film series.
Iron Man 3 was converted to 3D in post-production. The film premiered at the Grand Rex in Paris on April 14, 2013. It was internationally released on April 25, 2013 in IMAX and was released on May 3, 2013 in the United States.
- Ladies, children, sheep... Some people call me a terrorist. I consider myself a teacher. Lesson number one: Heroes, there is no such thing.
- Mr. Stark, today is the first day of what's left of your life.
- I'm gonna offer the choice: do you want an empty life, or a meaningful death?
- True story about fortune cookies. They look Chinese. They sound Chinese. But they're actually an American invention. Which is why they're hollow, full of lies, and leave a bad taste in the mouth.
- You know who I am. You don't know where I am. And you'll never see me coming.
- Some people call me a terrorist. I consider myself a teacher. America, ready for another lesson?
- You want something? Take it. The guns are all fake 'cause the wankers wouldn't trust me with the real ones.
- His think tank thinked it up!
- (as he's led away in handcuffs past the press) Nice to see you! (gets dragged away from the press) Bloody hell!
- I have a lot of apologies to make... Nothing's been the same since New York. You experience things, and then they're over. I can't sleep, and when I do, I have nightmares. Honestly, there's a hundred people who want to kill me. I hope I can protect the one thing I can't live without...
- I'm Tony Stark. I build neat stuff, got a great girl, occasionally save the world. So why can't I sleep?
- [to Pepper] Things are different now, I have to protect the one thing that I can't live without. That's you.
- You're not a man. You're nothing more than a maniac. I'm not afraid of you. No politics here: just good old fashioned revenge!
- A famous man once said, "We create our own demons." Who said that? What does that even mean? Didn't matter. I said it 'cause he said it. So now, he was famous and it was basically said by two well-known guys. I don't... uhh... I'm gonna start again. Let's track this from the beginning
- And so, as Christmas morning began, my journey was at its end. You start with something pure. Something exciting. Then come the mistakes, the compromises. We create our own demons. As promised, I got Pepper sorted out. Took a little tinkering. But then I thought "why stop there?" Of course there are people who say progress is dangerous, but then I bet none of those idiots ever had to live with a chest full of shrapnel. And now, neither will I. Let me tell you: that was the best sleep I'd had in years.
- (after Pepper survives a major fall) I got nothing.
- (to Jarvis about attacking the Extremis soldiers) What are you waiting for? Its Christmas. Take them to church.
- (The Mark 42 arrives at the battle) The prodigal son returns! (tries to put on the suit but it hits a pole and breaks into its components; rolls eyes) Whatever.
- (playing Barrel of Monkeys to save falling people; about a man hard to catch) Tricky monkey!
- (to the people he rescued with teamwork from a fatal fall who are cheering) Good work guys. Effective teamwork all around! Go us!
- (arrives with a Ping-Pong paddle; to goons who had interrupted a game between two women) What's this? I had winner! (Rhodey bursts in and kills the goons while they're distracted)
- Tony Stark: We do need backup...
- James Rhodes: That's your department.
- [an armada of armours approach]
- Tony Stark: There's my boys...
- [Igor smashes in]
- Tony Stark: JARVIS target all Extremis heat signatures and disable with extreme prejudice!
- JARVIS: Yes sir.
- James Rhodes: (after meeting Trevor Slattery) This is the Mandarin?!
- Tony Stark: I know. Embarrassing isn't it?
- [from TV spot]
- Tony Stark: [suits up] You know, it's moments like these when I realize how much of a superhero I am.
- Pepper Potts: Wow!
- Tony Stark: Where are your parents?
- Harley: Well, my mom's at work, and my dad went out to get a lottery ticket...and he must have won, because that was six years ago.
- Tony Stark: Dads leave. No need to be such a pussy about it.
- Rescue: I got you!
- Tony Stark: I got you first!
- The Mandarin: My soldiers are coming. Nothing can save you!
- Tony Stark: We'll see about that.
- Tony Stark: You walked right into this one. I dated hotter chicks that you.
- Ellen Brandt: Is that all you've got? A cheap trick and a cheesy one-liner?
- Tony Stark: Sweetheart, that could be the name of my autobiography!
- Savin: Hey, kid! What would you like for Christmas?
- Harley: Mr. Stark, I am so sorry.
- Savin: Nope. I think he was trying to say, "I want my goddamn file."
- Robert Downey, Jr. as Tony Stark / Iron Man
- Gwyneth Paltrow as Virginia "Pepper" Potts
- Don Cheadle as Col. James "Rhodey" Rhodes / Iron Patriot
- Guy Pearce as Aldrich Killian
- Rebecca Hall as Dr. Maya Hansen
- Stephanie Szostak as Ellen Brandt
- James Badge Dale as Eric Savin
- Jon Favreau as Happy Hogan
- Ben Kingsley as Trevor Slattery
- Ty Simpkins as Harley