|This article on an author is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- I'm tired of all this nonsense about beauty being only skin-deep. That's deep enough. What do you want—an adorable pancreas?
- The Snake Has All the Lines (1958)
- If you can keep your head when all about are losing theirs, it's just possible that you haven't grasped the situation.
- Please Don't Eat the Daisies (1957)
- I make mistakes; I'll be the second to admit it.
- "I was a Sand Crab", The Snake Has All the Lines (1960)
- Children are different — mentally, physically, spiritually, quantitatively, qualitatively; and furthermore, they're all a bit nuts.
- Movie actors are just ordinary mixed-up people — with agents.
- When the grandmothers of today hear the word Chippendales, they don't necessarily think of chairs.