Jersey Boys is a Broadway musical that follows the life and career of Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons. It begins with "four guys under a streetlamp", and shows their ups and downs personally, as well as in their career. Features many of the group's hits, and some songs that are not as well-known.
- Directed by Des McAnuff. Book by Marshall Brickman and Rick Elice. Music by Bob Gaudio and Lyrics by Bob Crewe.
- (talking about Frankie) He's a good kid, he just needs a little, y'know, guidance.
- Thank you, ladies and gentlemen. We're the Variety Trio.
(to band) ...three, four!
(to audience) And now, a new discovery of mine, little Frankie Casteluccio.
- You ask four guys how it happened, you get four different versions. And this is where all of them start. A thousand years ago. Eisenhower. Rocky Marciano. And a few guys under a streetlamp singing somebody else's latest hit.
- They ask ya "what was the high point?" The Hall of Fame, sellin' all those records, pullin' Sherry outta the hat? It was all great. But the first time the four of us made that sound, our sound... when everything dropped away and all there was was the music... that was the best.
- That's why I'm still out there singin', like that bunny on TV with the battery, I just keep goin' and goin' and goin'... chasin' the music, tryin' to get home.
- ...I never heard a voice like Frankie Valli's. After eight bars, I know I need to write for this voice.
- Joe Pesci: Hey, Tommy! I got your fourth guy, you're gonna love me for this, he's a genius!
- Tommy DeVito: What's his name?
- Frankie: Pretty as a midsummer's morn,
they call her... Dawn
- CAN'T TAKE MY EYES OFF OF YOU
- Frankie: You're just too good to be true
Can't take my eyes off of you
You'd be like heaven to touch
I wanna hold you so much
- MY EYES ADORED YOU
- Frankie: My eyes adored you
Though I never laid a hand on you
My eyes adored you
Like a million miles away from me
You couldn't see how I adored you
So close, so close
And yet so far.
Original Broadway Cast
John Lloyd Young - Frankie Valli
- Christian Hoff - Tommy DeVito
- Daniel Reichard - Bob Gaudio
- J. Robert Spencer - Nick Massi
- Peter Gregus - Bob Crewe
- Mark Lotito - Gyp DeCarlo