Weir has provided the media with some well-put quotes.
- Of Evan Lysacek: "If he doesn’t want to skate to music that’s pretty and wear a pretty costume, then go rollerblade or skateboard or do one of those extreme sports."
- "I’d love to see a 6-foot-2-tall, skinny man doing a halfpipe on figure skates."
- "There are some things I keep sacred. My middle name. Who I sleep with. And what kind of hand moisturizer I use."
- Whether other skaters' practice performances would intimidate him: "I’m not intimidated by anything, except maybe PETA standing outside with a bucket of blood."
- On scoring: "The results are something I can't control, so I can't say 'damnit, I didn't place in the top three today.' I can't control any of that. I just skate. And my goal was to show my heart, to take them on a journey with me so they can feel me."
- "I want people to be taken away to another planet when they watch me skate. I want them to be transported into a dream world."
- In response to gibes from Quebec sports announcers: "out of ugly, I think the most important thing to do in life is to make something beautiful"
- Alan Schwartz (2008-03-18). Figure Skating Rivalry Pits Athleticism Against Artistry. New York Times.
- D. Scriber (2010-02-16). Johnny Weir quotes: One reason the Olympics are so sensational!.
- Trey Graham (2010-02-26). Behind The Spangles, Weir Is A Man In Full. National Public Radio.