|This Actor article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- Acting is the most minor of gifts and not a very high-class way to earn a living. After all, Shirley Temple could do it at the age of four.
- Ted Goodman, The Forbes Book of Business Quotations: 10,000 Thoughts on the Business of Life, Black Dog Publishing, 2007, p. 21
- Sometimes I wonder if men and women really suit each other. Perhaps they should just live next door and just visit now and then.
- James B. Nelson and Sandra P. Longfellow, Sexuality and the sacred: sources for theological reflection, , Westminster John Knox Press, 1994, p. 193
- Without discipline, there's no life at all.
- Marti Olsen Laney, The Hidden Gifts of the Introverted Child, Workman Publishing, 2005, p. 106
- Life is to be lived. If you have to support yourself, you had bloody well better find some way that is going to be interesting. And you don't do that by sitting around wondering about yourself.
- John Cook and Leslie Ann Gibson, The Book of Positive Quotations, Fairview Press, 2007, p. 611
- If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun.
- Katharine Hepburn and Susan Crimp, Katharine Hepburn Once Said...: Great Lines to Live By, HarperCollins, 2003, p. 30
- "My beautiful Grandmother -- Caroline Garlinghouse -- came from Pittsburgh -- my mother's mother. I never met her but I have followed many of her ideas -- through my mother -- And it has given me a warm spot in my heart for your city...My grandmother's brother, Fred Garlinghouse, lived in Pittsburgh, was an engineer and apparently worked for Jones & Laughlin."
- On Stage: Kate Hepburn, Richard Rauh and old Nixon Pittsburgh Post-Gazette July 9, 2003.