- I remember really vividly kneeling by my bed as a nine-year-old, saying my prayers and asking God to give me boobs that were so big that if I laid on my back I wouldn’t be able to see my feet.
Cosmopolitan magazine (2009) 
- Interview in Cosmopolitan magazine (August 2009)
- I gave myself until I turned 25 to make it. And if it didn't happen, I thought I'd just try to find a nice husband.
- I was like, I don't know if I can hold that promise [to wait until marriage to have sex] because this guy at camp is really cute. Sex wasn't talked about in my home, but I was a very curious young girl.
- On her upbringing as the daughter of born-again Christian pastors.
- I'm not defined by where I came from. I never took part in the rules and hatred that sometimes go along with religion. But if my parents are happy with what they believe, then I'm happy to stay out of their way. We agree to disagree.
- I had this lump in my throat, but I couldn't even cry. I thought, I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up. I was just sitting there in my car that I was two months behind on payments for, knowing I didn't have money for rent.
- On not getting signed by Capitol Records, after months of negotiations, in 2007.
- This is a really important time in my life. I can't just be the girl who sang 'I Kissed a Girl.' I have to leave a legacy.
- All this money can't buy me a time machine.
- "The One That Got Away" (2010)
- You change your mind
Like a girl changes clothes
- "Hot n' Cold" (2008)