Colonel Gregor Hakha 
Hakha is a half-Helghast, half-Human spy. A former chief of Staff for General Lente, Hakha is a well read and intelligent individual. Due to his Helghan origin he is hated by Sergeant Rico Velasquez. Sergeant Rico attempts at numerous occasions to kill or neutralize Hakha. However both have a grudging respect for each other.
- Even a monkey can write Shakespeare, given enough time.
- I'm a spy, It's my JOB.
- (To General Adams, when he declares both are traitors) You try to compare us? You made a choice, General, based on your own goals and morals, as did I. We may both seem traitors by our opposite appearance, but that is where our common ground ends.
Will Cry out in Anguish
Captain Jan Templar 
Templar is the protagonist of the game. Under the command of General Voughton, he leads the team formed by Hakha, Velasquez and Luger in the Second Helghan War. When he discovers the treason committed by General Adams, the team goes on a crusade to kill Adams and stop the Helghast invasion in Vekta.
- (Stops a conflict between Hakha, Rico and Luger with a gunshot, then shouts) THAT'S IT! ENOUGH! 'Cause it's a long way to the fortress, and our chances, even if WE make it out together, are somewhere between slim and nil! So for the last time, get your shit together, and start acting like soldiers!
- (When Adams declares he's a traitor) You're a murderer, Adams! A murderer, a traitor and a coward!
Sergeant Rico Velasquez 
Velasquez is the typical strong man of Templar and his team, who prefers to shoot first and ask later and make direct assaults rather then sneaking in. He hates Hakha and the Helghast due to the fact that the Helghast killed all of Rico's platoon.
- (When he sees several dead ISA soldiers) Executed, fuckin' Helghast style.
- (mumbling) What the fuck is a Shakespeare?
- (to himself) I'll shove it up your asshole and pull the trigger ... Yeah, that's right ... What was that? What did you say to me ... (grabbed by Luger and pulled out of sight)
- (to General Adams after his rant) You're a fucking dead man, Adams.
General Adams 
General Adams is the commander of ISA forces aboard the SD Platform in the first Killzone. He turns traitor partway through the game and attempts to use the Platform's weapons to tip the odds in favor of the Helghast.
- I suppose it's to be expected. You would never have been content with Lente's death. The war is over. Without Lente, the attack will come to nothing. But they will be back. Visari will never give up on Vekta. [Chuckles] You don't get it do you? They see us as the aggressor. They are fighting to claim what we once stole from them...fighting to prevent another imperialist ISA attack on their homeland. I cannot stop the Earth fleet now. The Helghast on board take no notice of me. There is never any pity...no mercy for the "traitor." [...] [Laughs hysterically] What are you gonna do? Kill me? It won't solve a goddamn thing. You got Lente, but it wasn't enough was it? [Cackles] No, Templar and his little band of fuck-ups have to come here and save the day! If only you could see the visions Visari has shown me...the power...the lengths to which they're willing to go! They will never stop! They will never be bargained with! If, if only you could see how insignificant this "victory" of yours is to them. Your friends have been captured. The platform is breaking up. Don't you understand? You don't stand a FUCKING CHANCE!
Scolar Visari 
- "My people. Sons and daughters of Helghan.... For many years, we have been a broken nation... Shunned, oppressed, and conquered by those we sought to escape. ...Ten years ago, I asked for time, and that time was granted by you. You, the strength in my arm, the holders of my dreams.... Our forefathers embarked on the greatest exodus in the history of all mankind... An exodus for freedom. Helghan became that freedom... Our new world changed our bodies. At first, it weakened us, but in fact, we were growing... stronger. In the time you have given me, I have rebuilt our nation, I have rebuilt our strength, and I have rebuilt our pride!... Our enemies at home have been re-educated. We have given them new insights into our cause. On this day, we stand united once more. On this day, those driven to divide us will hear our voice! On this day, we shall act as one, and we shall be ignored NO MORE! Defenders of the Helghast dream, NOW IS OUR TIME!"
- "My people. Sons, and daughters of Helghan... This much, I vow... The history of these days will be written in blood... By crushing the armies of our enemy, by seizing the weapons they thought to turn against us, we were fighting for our very existence! But if there those who would deny us peace, refuse our rightful place in the universe, then, we will unleash such terrible vengeance, that generations yet unborn will cry out in anguish! The enemy may shatter our bodies, but they cannot break our spirit... Even now, they advance on our homeworld to seize by force, what they cannot claim by right... They cannot imagine what awaits them.... We will SMITE the invaders from our skies! Though they sweep over our lands like the sands of winter, never again we´ll bow before them... Never again endure their oppression... Never again endure their tyranny... We will strike without warning, and without mercy, fighting as one hand, one heart, one soul... We will shatter their dreams, and haunt their nightmares... Drenching our ancestor's graves with their blood! And as our last breath tears their lungs... as we rise again from the ruins of our cities... they will know, Helghan...belongs...to Helghast."
- "Sons and daughters of Helghan, your destiny beckons. Stand with your brothers and sisters, stand with me, and together we will be undefeated. The past is our faith, the present is our strength, and the future... the future is our birthright! Sons and daughters of Helghan, the path toward a better tomorrow stretches out before us. Toward a future that is golden and eternal. But our journey together must cross a wilderness of hatred and bigotry, a landscape of lies seeded by the venom of our old enemy. Our foe knows us. He fears us. But we must not underestimate him. The ISA, while they cower and snipe from beneath their veneer of civility and freedom, are soulless and hollow. They make their pithy, mewling claims of liberty and righteousness, and all the while, they look upon the face of the Helghast with loathing and disgust. The enemy sees us as abominations, mutant freaks fit only for killing. To the foe we are less than human, but they will learn their mistake, my people. We will show them the iron and steel beneath Helghast flesh. We shall cast them against the unbreakable rock of our collective will. We will make them realize the truth that the children of Helghan know in their hearts: that our race, the Helghast nation, is the next step in the evolution of mankind. When we came to Helghan we were lost, a broken collection of exiles on the verge of death. At first we thought our new world would poison and destroy us. How wrong we were. Helghan saw what was in every one of us, our strength and our indestructible spirit, and made it manifest. The great change was the rebirth of our people. A people fit to stride the stars and shatter our enemies. Sons and daughters of Helghan, you are the embodiment of that glorious legacy, the inheritors of the victory that we fight for every day. You alone are fit to forge the future and the destiny of our species. History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid. We shall not suffer the irresolute and spineless men of the ISA to dictate our path! When you granted me the privilege of your leadership, I, Scolar Visari, willingly sacrificed myself to the engine of our nation. My only goal to bring our people the absolute and deserved mastery of their destiny. I am humbled by the magnificent example that you my people have set. The workers and artisans among you who toil and ask not for a claim, but accept the honor of your leaders. The soldiers and warriors who burn with cold fire and unyielding resolve never flinching before the guns of our adversaries. The teachers and commissars who hold the very soul of our people in their hands, shielding it from the lies of the treacherous and disloyal. You seek reward in service alone. Each of you shares in the greatest glory of them all. You are the true Helghast! Ruthless to those who oppose us, masters of those we defeat, unflinching in the face of adversity. I pity all those who were not born beneath our banner, for they will never know the touch of greatness as we do. And yet, there are some among our community who do not march with us. Voices raised in dissent and opposition. Soft minds that take the words of the ISA for truth! To those who bear the seeds of rebellion in their hearts and question the way of the Helghast, I say this: Would you have us embrace the very thing that rejected us? Would you make us lay down our rifles and surrender our armor, stark naked before a force that wishes only death for us? Peace is something we all desire, but the ISA would make it the peace of the grave! Shattering our nation's spirit and burning us to ashes! Beware the puppets amongst us, sons and daughters of Helghan! Know them, and spite them! Give them no succor or shelter! If any one of you doubts the fidelity of another, be it neighbor, brother, parent, or child, speak! It is the sworn duty of my commissars to isolate and re-educate these misguided souls. To bring them back to our fold. Expunge their weakness for the greater good! Our victory is imminent. With our hearts tempered in the fires of war we strive forward and take the fight to the foe. Let us never forget the duty that we have taken upon ourselves. Our enemy is tenacious and bold. The ISA dared to turn their weapons upon that which we hold dearest. Our cradle, our homeworld, our... Helghan! This invasion will not go unpunished. This criminal act unleashed the whirlwind of our wrath! Our guns never tire, and we have beaten back the foe! Sent them... running! The path we have chosen is not an easy one. Struggle is the father of all things and true virtue lies in bloodshed. But we will not tire, we will not falter, we will not fail! In the blood of our warriors comes the price we must pay. Blood alone moves the wheels of history. And we will be resolute! We will fear no sacrifice and surmount every difficulty to win our just triumph!"
- (The team meets Colonel Hakha, who's imprisoned in a chair)
- Shadow Marshall Luger: Oh, God...
- Captain Jan Templar: What is it?
- Sergeant Rico Velasquez: (Loads and aims a pistol in Hakha's head) Mother Fuckin' filthy little piece of shit!
- Shadow Marshall Luger: He's a Helghast.
- Sergeant Rico Velasquez: WAS a Helghast.
- (Templar asks Hakha if he's sided with the Helghast)
- Captain Jan Templar: You Helghast?
- Colonel Gregor Hakha: Half Helghst, half human.
- Sergeant Rico Velasquez: Heh, I don't wanna fuckin' imagine how THAT works...
- (Luger questions Hakha's loyalties)
- Shadow Marshall Luger: Who's side are you on, Hakha?
- Colonel Gregor Hakha: (leans toward Luger) My side.
- (Rico and Hakha talk about Templar and Luger's relationship)
- Sergeant Rico Velasquez: What's up with them?
- Colonel Gregor Hakha: (surprised) Oh, you haven't worked it out?
- Sergeant Rico Velasquez: (skeptical) No. What do YOU tell me?
- Colonel Gregor Hakha: Right well, a Special Forces Captain falls in love, he promises her the world, but she has other plans. (Grabs a pistol) Nine months later they meet again, except now the brave captains "Sweet Heart" is a cold assassin. Trained to kill. (Loads the pistol) Trained to think, not feel. Act, not reflect. (Looks at Luger) Oh, she's almost... perfect. Though I suspect Captain Templar feels...otherwise
- Sergeant Rico Velasquez: You know what, I think you're full of shit.