Teases and Dares (1984)
- I'm spending nights just dreaming / And playing the music loud / They're banging on the ceiling / They're praying that I'll soon be out.
- ~ Fit in
- Is our time up and on to the next fire / Got my fingers burnt and cut into the wire.
- ~ Shangri-la
Another step (1986)
- There is sadness and confusion in our hearts / And the world prepares to fight / as it tears itself apart, it isn't fair
- ~ Schoolgirl
- I watch you sleep in the still of the night / You look so pretty when you dream / So many people just go through life / Holding back, they don't say what they mean / But it's easy for me / Since you came
- ~ You came
- When love's the culmination / of everything you feel / then it's the only thing that's precious / it's the only thing that's real
- ~ Love in the natural way
- You can't close your eyes to the lies perpetrated by dangerous fools / 'cos they're handing out rules
- ~ Stone
- They're still building and testing / But what can we do / Condemning the seas and the land and the trees to a tomb
- ~ Stone
Love moves (1990)
- You can spend your life competing in a world that talks too loud / You can lose your own direction getting lost among the crowd / Confusion - is it any wonder that the road ahead's not clear / Well you can try too hard to find it now I realise it's here
- ~ It's here
- Don't let your dreams escape / The future's ours to shape
- ~ World in perfect harmony
- And while we destroy / Our children will grow / Not missing the things they'll never know / A crime against them / Against you and me / A crime against all humanity
- ~ Who's to blame
Love is (1992)
- Snap your fingers and somebody runs / You don't care how they feel just as long as they come / Got your head in the stars now you've come this far / Just who do you think you are?
- ~ Who do you think you are?
Now & forever (1995)
- In the day I can smile though I wanna die / Hold on, hold on / I can keep it together for a little while / and be strong, so strong / But when the sun goes down and I'm all alone / I haven't the strength to fight / That's when my tears give in to the night
- ~ Hold on
- Do you think that you're beautiful?
Inside or outside? Mmmmm... outside I don't think about that too much because I realise that's all very superficial. I'm more concerned about inside, and inside I think I'm alright... I'm OK inside. I don't think I'm perfect and I don't call myself beautiful but I'm definitely not ugly inside. I've got friends who aren't that so called pleasant to look at but inside I think they're beautiful.
- [http://www.kimwilde.com/articles/1981/00244/ New Musical Express (19 September 1981)
- I think that not being loved by your parents or not having a brother or not being liked at school or even wearing glasses can be a lot worse than having a famous father.
- Being blonde now doesn't mean Marilyn Monroe vulnerability. Blonde in the Eighties means being in control.
- Gardening is not something to get on your high horse about or be overwhelmed by. Either you enjoy it or you don't.
- With female singers being plucked from their cradles our Kim is almost a geriatric in pop terms. God knows how many times she's been written off, and then bounced back stronger and slicker than ever. This latest album is proof that Kim will still be around when her rivals are fighting it out in the bargain bins.
- Anne Lambert in unknown UK magazine, 1988.